- Taught music classes for children: K-10th grade and demonstrated leadership ability.
- Developed teaching experience and assisted students in creating their own songs.
Study Jazz Guitar Under Steve Grismore.
- Learned scales and arpeggios used for soloing.
- Appreciated jazz as an American art form that has changed the way people both play and listen to music.
University of Iowa Children's Hospital
- Fundraised for pediatric oncology patients through Dance Marathon.
College Leadership Council
- Selected to represent the University of Iowa at monthly meetings.
- Discuss strategies to retain students of area colleges after graduation; spark economic development and marketing ideas in the Corridor area between Cedar Rapids and Iowa City.
Career Leadership Academy
- Four semester academic program focused on developing leadership skills
- Deliberated with a group for a service learning project
- Strengthened communication, interpersonal, teamwork, networking and leadership skills.
- Internship abroad in London, England.
- Family stay in Mexico City for two weeks.
- Highschool study abroad in Europe (Czech Republic, Liechtenstein, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France)
- Highschool study abroad and family stay in Madrid, Spain.
- Youth group trip in Israel.
- Traveled with family to Canada, Italy, and Greece.
- Traveled to over 25 States in the U.S.