Administrator/Liaison - Breast Implant Department
McKeen & Associates
Worked autonomously on behalf of the firm's clients regarding settlement of claims against Dow Corning in connection with silicone gel breast implants. Over the life of the 6-1/2 year project, managed 165 Class 5 Claimant files. Specifically:
- Investigated 297 files that were ultimately determined to be ineligible.
- Submitted Class 5 claim forms and related medical and/or supporting documentation on behalf of clients.
- Reviewed medical documentation, to wit: medical records, textbook materials and online research materials.
- 100% success rate in "curing deficiencies" in claims submissions which resulted in settlement benefits being awarded for Explant, Rupture and Disease Payment Claims.
- Communicated (orally, electronically and written) with clients, Settlement Facility - Dow Corning Trust (SF-DCT), health care facilities, and medical professionals.
- Designed NEEDLES tabs specific to the breast implant cases.
- Developed and presented WORKSHOPS re: Class 5 disease claims.
- Administered settlement proceeds and referral attorney fees.
- Successfully appealed disqualified claim resulting in Claimant's Estate receiving compensation for an Explant Payment Claim.
- Obtained favorable Lien Judge Decision in regard to Objection to $90,000 lien filed against client.
- Prepared and filed Reply Brief in regard to an appeal of the Lien Judge's Decision in the U.S. District Court, E.D., Michigan.
- Dismantled Breast Implant Department.
Successfully recovered over $4 million in settlement benefits