Tactical Data Networking Specialist
United States Marine Corps
I obtained the rank of Sergeant (E5/Sgt) upon discharge from the USMC and was discharged with a Honorable status.
Duties performed as a 0656/0651 Tactical Network Specialist/Data Network Specialist:
- Install, Configure, Maintenance, and Operation of Networking Systems.
- Install, Configure, Maintenance, and Operation of Server Infrastructure.
- Install, Configure, Maintenance, and Operation of SAN Infrastructure.
- Install, Configure, Maintenance, and Operation of VMWare Infrastructure.
- Provide customer support through a Help Desk.
Duties performed as a Sergeant in the USMC:
- Train subordinates in their MOS and basic military skills
- Be accountable for the actions of your squad, section, or team
- Enforce the standards of military and physical appearance
- Ensure supervision, control, and discipline of subordinates
- Assist in personal and professional development of fellow Marines
- Provide communication link between the individual Marine and the organization
- Plan and conduct the routine and day-to-day unit operation within the policies established by your senior officers
- Maintain appearance and condition of unit billeting spaces, facilities, and work areas
- Maintain serviceability, accountability, and readiness of assigned arms and equipment
- Maintain the established standards of professionalism and job performance for the Marine, the NCO's (Non Commissioned Officer), the SNCO's (Staff Non Commissioned Officer) and the Corps
- Support, follow, and implement policy established by the officers