As the managing director for enterprise architecture at Microsoft Corp. he is responsible for the creation of strategy, frameworks and guidance for Microsoft. This is executed through partnerships with business units, IT CIO leadership, the CTO and through external collaboration in executive briefings, standards bodies, events and publications.
- Manager of a team of architects that create solution architecture that look at key architecture areas such as Green IT, Software as a Service, Composite Applications, Virtualization and Legacy Migration.
- Manages the Enterprise Architecture Portal that drives millions of unique visitors to pragmatic guidance on Enterprise Architecture.
- Creator of the Enterprise Architecture Toolkit (EATK) that provides a solution accelerator and guidance to fundamentally change how Enterprise Architecture is performed. Notable industry recognition has been given from the press and analyst communities and subsequently been adopted by fortune 100 companies.
- Drove the Enterprise Architecture training that is consumed world-wide by the Microsoft Consulting Services Division.
- Member of product review boards that evaluate early product concepts to drive uniformity and quality across Microsoft’s products.
- Creator of the Architecture Qualification Method and the Architecture Decisions Method that simplifies and automates IT decisions.