Director of Sales Americas
Led a 32-person sales team; developed new business; and drove sales growth in current and adjacent market for the Americas Division of GERSTEL, GmbH, a capital equipment analytical instrumentation company with 160 employees. Responsible for the revenue generation of all instrument sales in North America, Central America, and South America through both direct and indirect sales channels, including manufacturer’s representatives and distributors. Served on the executive management team and the Board of Directors (BOD). Recruited by the President.
- Achieved a 36% increase in year-over-year sales within the first 120 days in the position; and transformed a broken sales infrastructure into a sales culture based on expectations, accountability, and transparency by devising and rolling out new and scalable sales processes, sales procedures, sales methodology, and sales training.
- Increased quotes to new customers 130%, increased the close ratio 27%, grew net profit 17%, and reduced field service calls 15% the following year by crafting and executing a new 3 prong sales plan; which provided a more strategic focus to the sales team, and greater capability to identify, qualify, and close opportunities.
- Obtained results in 2017 on par with 2016 despite an industry decline of 12%, quota increases of 6%, and corporate’s expectation that the 17% shortfall from 2016 would be captured in 2017 by leading, coaching, and holding the team accountable to deploy the new planning, training, customer reengagement, and business development processes.
- Built a granular sales forecasting tool that provided an 8% reduction in inventory and provided accuracy to enterprise resource planning (ERP) by devising and implementing new protocols for customer relationship management (CRM).
- Replaced 40% of direct sales associates and eliminated sales team attrition by recruiting and developing new sales talent; and groomed one sales associate for a regional manager role who had no previous management experience.