Director of Sales Americas
GERSTEL, Inc. (The Americas Sales Division of GERSTEL, GmbH)
Recruited by the President to serve on the executive management team; lead, strengthen and manage the sales team; develop new business; and drive sales growth in current and adjacent markets.
Maintained full responsibility for revenue generation of all GERSTEL, GmbH systems in North, Central and South America through direct and indirect sales channels, including manufacturer’s representatives and distributors.
- Obtained leadership approval and rolled out repeatable and scalable processes, procedures, and training within the first 120 days that provided a 33% increase in YOY results relative to immediate previous years.
- Transformed a broken sales infrastructure into a culture based on expectations, accountability and transparency.
- Crafted and executed a sales plan that increased quotes to new customers by 130%, increased the close ratio by 27%, increased net profit by 17%, and reduced the number of repeat field service calls by 15%.
- Introduced new training and coaching programs, and transitioned the team to work with customers as strategic business partners which provided more focus and a greater ability to identify, qualify, and close opportunities.
- Achieved results in 2017 that were on par with those in 2016, despite an average industry decline of 12%, an increase in the sales quota of 6%, and management’s expectation that the 17% shortfall from 2016 would be captured in 2017.
- Instilled an account management mindset and emphasized increased interaction between the sales team, our customers, and the company’s scientific support personnel which improved customer goodwill.
- Devised and implemented new protocols for the CRM which increased the granularity and accuracy of the sales forecast, improved the accuracy of resource planning, and provided an inventory reduction of 8%.
- Recruited and developed new sales talent; eliminated sales team attrition; replaced 40% of direct sales associates; and groomed one sales associate for a regional manager role who had no previous management experience.