Created Enterprise Architecture function for large northeast utility with 10,000 users at 100 locations across the state of NJ. Led the application and data architecture groups, created guiding principles and established architectural domains representing each major function including; Customer Service, HR/Knowledge Mgmt., Finance/Asset Mgmt., Work Mgmt., Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Energy Resources and Trading, Gas & Electric Service, Desktop and Document Mgmt., WEB/E. Commerce, and Data Management. Designed and implemented Program management strategies to manage the full SDLC for all business applications (excess of 500.) Having portfolio program management in place, led transition of Information Technology Group to a service organization. Formulated financial strategies to isolate support costs for each group of applications designing and implementing a charge back strategy based on the cost to maintain applications. Instrumental in the implementation of the Catalyst Design methodology and the formation of the PMO.
With team of Business Application Architects provided leadership on all project initiatives including:
• BI “Management Reporting” service for all lines of business utilizing SAP’s Business Warehouse.
• SAP Finance and HR implementation.
• Business Intelligence applications using Cognos and Sequent.
• CRM applications – SalesLogix.
• Custom Radio Dispatched Work Management Applications.
• Transformer Oil Analysis.
• Mapping applications.
• Outage identification based on ANI.