William Betz Betz
- Campbell US-CA
- [email protected]
Mr. Betz is the Financial Director supporting both the Investor Relations and Financial Planning & Analyzing Organizations at LSI Corporation headquartered in Milpitas, California.
Previously, Mr. Betz was the Financial Director/Controller for the Networking Division at LSI Corporation (formerly Agere Systems) based in Allentown, PA where he was responsible for all division financial matters.
In addition, Mr. Betz severed as an expatriate for LSI in Singapore where he was the Chief Financial Officer of Silicon Manufacturing Partners (SMP), a joint venture between LSI and Chartered Semiconductor; he served as Finance Director, and continues to serve on the SMP Board of Directors today.
Prior joining LSI, Mr. Betz held several financial positions with Lucent Technologies, where he attended their Financial Leadership Development Program.
Mr. Betz received a Bachelor of Science in Finance from West Virginia University and an MBA from the University of Chicago.
Highly energetic Finance Director/Controller focused on execution.Excellent analytical, conceptual and interpersonal skills balanced with passion and team building for success with a strong track record.Experienced, seeking both a challenging and growth opportunity that would enhance a company’s profitability on all fronts.
LSI CORPORATION, Milpitas, CA (Formerly Agere Systems & Lucent Microelectronics Division).
Investor Relations Director2008 - Present
- Business Partner for LSI’s Executive Leadership Team linking financial performance & strategic view to investors.
FP&A Finance Director2007- 2008
– Financial Planning & Analysis for all of LSI (Estimated $3B annual sales in 2007).Partner with the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Executive Officer & Corporate Marketing Officer on strategic/special projects.
Divisional Finance Controller/Director2006 - 2007
- Networking Division (Strategic Business Unit (SBU) $500M annual sales).Reported directly to the Executive Vice President of Networking and the Chief Financial Officer for LSI.
LSI CORPORATION, Joint Venture – Silicon Manufacturing Partners (SMP),Singapore
JV – Chief Financial Officer 2003 – 2006
- Responsible for all financial matters (Accounting, Planning, Budgeting & Capital) of the $300M manufacturing joint venture between LSI Corp. and Chartered Semiconductor.Reported directly to the company’s General Manager and Board of Directors.
LSI Corporation, Allentown, PA (Formerly Agere Systems & Lucent Microelectronics Division)
Finance Operations Controller – Front End Operations
2002 – 2003
- Responsible for LSI’s financial matters for Total Front End Operations which included a 51% Equity stake in the joint venture Silicon Manufacturing Partners (SMP).Reported directly to the Front-End Operations Executive Vice President.
Financial Project Manager, Global Consolidation / Business Restructuring Organization
- Responsible for coordinating/tracking 150+ financial consolidation projects ($400M) over a two year span.Reported directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
Financial Analyst, Integrated Circuit (IC) Division.
UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO, Chicago, IL
Master of Business Administration, MBA (Singapore, Barcelona & Chicago)
BABSON COLLEGE, Wellesly, MA
Financial Leadership Development Program participant - Lucent Technologies
WEST VIRGINIA UNIVERSITY, Morgantown, WV 1996-2000
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Finance
BOARD POSITIONS & OTHER:
·Park Town Place – Home Owners Association Board Member
2008 - Present
·Silicon Manufacturing Partner’s (SMP) Board Member
2006 – Present
OTHERS (Honors & Activities):
·Member of Institute Management of Accountants (IMA)Present
·Financial Leadership Academy Graduate (Corporate Executive Board)2008-2009
·LSI Corporation – “Performance & Commitment to Excellence”Aug 2008
·LSI Corporation – “Winner’s Circle Recognition Award”Nov 2007
·Agere Systems – “Leadership Development Program”2005-2006
·University of Chicago, Student Activities Council 2004-2006
·Agere Systems Recognition Award “Excellence”& “Outperform”2001-2003
·Lucent Technologies (Summer Internships)1999-2000
·West Virginia University Safety Achievement Award1999-2000
·President & Vice President, Delta Sigma Pi, Professional Business Fraternity
·Board of Governor, WVU Student Administration1998-2000
·WJB Maintenance Corporation - Vice President of Family Owned buisness