Responsible for setting the technical direction for the Dell Services (Dell) Application Development and Maintenance (ADM) and Infrastructure (IS) organizations that support the Blue Cross Blue Shield of RI (BCBSRI) account engagement. As the primary technical advisor to BCBSRI's IT Leadership team, I bridge the gap between BCBSRI's business strategy and the existing state of BCBSRI's 30-year-old technology. I build the roadmaps to align people, processes, and systems to enable Dell to implement and support emerging enterprise technologies having transformational impact to BCBSRI's bottom-line.
Notable Accomplishments (partial listing)
- Identified deficiencies in various Dell managers on the BCBSRI account, which prompted the creation of an upward feedback system linked to semi-annual performance appraisals, coupled with a mandatory Leadership Workshop for all managers in Dell Services.
- Developed an 18-month and 36-month strategic plan for BCBSRI's IT Leadership team, as well as, established the IT Steering Committee.
- Coordinated a comprehensive audit of the Dell-BCBSRI contract to verify the accuracy of the contract's 270 supported applications in order to project employee support resources.
- Led Dell IT and BCBSRI IT efforts to remediate security audit failures across BCBSRI's enterprise. Audited BCBSRI's IT security standards and implemented a comprehensive awareness campaign and annual compliance program. Coordinated the Identity Management (IdM) architectural design for the implementation efforts of Courion's Enterprise Provisioning Suite.
- Responsible for the transition of application support ownership of BCBSRI's legacy system replacement project (BlueTransIT) and new Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), from 3rd-parties to Dell Services ADM. Coordinated resources' effort from various program and project workstreams to stand-up all environments and processes needed for the SDLC of the enterprise rearchitecture effort.
- Architected Performance Testing strategy, staffing, and environment requirements for comprehensive performance testing competency Center of Excellence leveraging HP LoadRunner for load generation and dynaTrace PurePath for root cause analysis of ESB SOA real-time, high-volume web services. Identified several performance bottlenecks for remediation that improved the average response times from ~12 seconds to ~1.5 seconds, as well as, ensured the web services would be able to scale with increased volume and spike scenarios.
- Implemented Dell-BCSRI existing 3rd-Party application turnover agreements and drafted new agreement to incorporate extensive knowledge transfer, licensing details, SLA impact audit of existing contractually supported applications, and a staggered support model.
- Completed comprehensive server/host data gathering effort for remediation of OS and application versions within N-1. Leveraged data to create the first diagram of the entire enterprise environment.
- Partnered with numerous teams to architect BCBSRI's Data Center move to BCBSRI's newly constructed skyscraper in Providence, RI.
[Technologies and tools: Microsoft - SharePoint, SQL Server, Visual C#.Net, Project, ASP.Net, XML/XSLT, Visual Basic, Visual SourceSafe, Live Meeting; IBM – AIX, MQSeries, WebSphere Application Developer, DB2 UDB & IMS, IMS COBOL, Lotus Notes; BMC – Remedy, Atrium CMDB; Ascential - DataStage; Casewise – Corporate Modeler Suite; Sun – JCAPS, GlassFish Prelude, Enterprise Service Bus; PegaSystems; NetBeans - IDE; PowerBuilder; CA – Harvest; McKesson – CCMS, DM; VMware – Workstation, GSX, ESX; Netezza; Courion – Enterprise Provisioning Suite; JUnit; dynaTrace; SolarWinds – Orion NetFlow; HP – Quality Center, Quick Test Pro, LoadRunner; Selenium; Oracle – 8i, 9i, 10g; Interwoven – WorkSite MP; PlanView – Enterprise]