"Bill knows how to guide large consulting teams to success and is one of the best in the business with client relationships." William P. Klages, Senior Advisor, TPI
Accomplished, international strategic advisor in driving change and helping companies optimize their “back office”.Deep experience in Shared Services and Outsourcing design, implementation and operation in North America and Asia Pacific.
Demonstrated capabilityin delivering revenue and profit growth in both a sales and delivery environments. Proven ability to lead organizational change and establish organizational strategies for clients as well as internal organizations.Sold and profitably operated one of the first Asian-based BPO deals in the industry.
Established ability to deal at the Board level as well as with teams working through tactical implementation.Experience includes:
- Enterprise-level Sales/Negotiation/ Solution Design
- Global In-market Operational Experience
- Multi-million Dollar Consulting/Outsourcing Engagements
- Business Process Improvement
- Project Methodology
- Best Practice and Benchmarking
- Risk Assessment
- Global Team Management
- Informed Critical Decision-Making
- White Paper Publication/Public Speaking
Representing a new breed of advisory services needed in this current and developing environment, CandidAdvisors is completely independent, solution agnostic and focused on the principle of “best advice.”
Bringing senior experience and objectivity to a space full of vested interest, the goal is to help companies make the right business decisions and implement change that builds and enhances the capabilities of the business today and tomorrow.
2005 - Dec 2008
Partner and Managing Director – CFO Services
P&L responsibility for CFO Services comprising the F&A, Procurement, Customer Care and Multi-Function consulting areas of TPI's business in North America; $7M in 2008
- Sold and delivered over $4M of work in both 2007 & 2008, and $2.5M of work in 2006.
- Created a new advisory service focused on Multi-Function Solutions to help clients develop and implement their multi-disciplinary delivery strategies.
- Established TPI's F&A "benchmarking" database as a unique offering in helping clients assess the impact of current or new outsourcing contracts.
- Collaborated in designing and implementing TPI's Assisted Sourcing Transaction (AST) methodology to help experienced clients with outsourcing and shared services efforts.
- Sold and led assessment and outsourcing transactions for a large media and entertainment company in F&A, ADM, Infrastructure, Procurement and HR, resulting in over $5M of TPI revenue from a new client.
- Sold and led an assessment and outsourcing transaction of a large multinational Pharmaceutical company encompassing F&A, HR, IT and Procurement globally, resulting in over $3M of TPI revenue from a new client.
1995 - 2005
Vice President – North American Business Process Outsourcing
Head of Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) Service Line for North America.
Primary focus of role: sales and solution development, defining global offering, education of industry analysts, directing marketing collateral development, and speaking at industry events.
- Advised in the formalization of Capgemini's global delivery model around three key global centers in Canada, Poland and China.
- Led the BPO efforts of the TXU deal in 2004. A $3.5B TCV deal.
- Led the BPO transition for the third largest BPO contract in the world for 2000/2001 (IDC), a $750M TCV deal.
- Advised on the decision by Capgemini to acquire their global BPO delivery center in Eastern Europe. A $64M TCV deal.
- Vice President - Shared Services Asia Pacific - Hong Kong, 2000-2001
- Expanded Capgemini's pan-Asian Shared Services Consulting Practice exceeding $20M sales budget.
- Developed and supported new clients in China, Singapore, and Australia.
- Established a strong pan-Asian team sharing resources and approaches across Asia.
Partner (Ernst & Young LLP) & COO - Hong Kong, 1998-2000
Joint Venture for the largest Asian based fast-moving consumer goods company
Served as COO and board member of the joint venture.
- Led a team in the sale and design of a joint venture providing Finance, Accounting and Procurement services, a $20M TCV deal.
- Exceeded all financial and performance targets for the venture.
- Expanded operation to support the client's Mainland China and Australian businesses, increasing the operation by over 100%.
- Moved transaction-processing operations into Mainland China, ultimately establishing Capgemini's BPO center in China.
Senior Manager - Shared Services - Philadelphia, PA, 1995-1998
Provided project leadership on numerous back-office redesign efforts for Fortune 500 companies:
- $27M savings identified for the Human Resources organization from a post-merger integration study for a leading telecommunications company.
- Led an HR outsourcing study for a $75B energy company.
- Led a worldwide financial process redesign for a $15B oil and gas company.
- Led detail design effort for the financial processes of a Fortune 100 process manufacturing company.
1992 - 1995
Member of the senior management team of specializing in optimization of administrative functions and benchmarking.
- Led the sales and delivery projects for several Fortune 1000 companies.
- Developed the delivery methodology for detailed design, enabling the firm to expand the business while reducing the cost of sales.
- Created the Human Resource Benchmark and consulting offering enabling the firm to expand beyond its traditional Finance and Accounting offerings.
Positions Prior to 1992:
Digital Equipment Corporation, 1986-1992 Consultant - Acton, MA
Founding member of a consulting organization formed specifically to sell and market Digital's experiences in creation and operation of shared services.
Manager - Acton, MAManaged the global IT Finance and Accounting Shared Services organization. Responsible for the IT development, implementation and support for one of the industries' first Finance and Accounting Shared Service Operations.Various IT Positions in the High Tech Industry 1977-1986
Various positions starting as a Programmer, leading to Director of IT. These positions involved various IT activities.
Epsilon Data Management - IT Director: Responsible for all internal support applications and data.Apollo Computer - Finance Systems Manager; Responsible for implementation, operation and support of all Finance applications.Prime Computer - Programmer to Supervisor; Responsible for cost accounting, procurement and inventory management application areas.GCA - Programmer; Responsible for running and adapting environmental models for predicting air quality. Other project work that involved programming and application execution.
EDUCATIONMaster of Science, University of South Carolina
Bachelor of Arts, University of Rhode Island