Community building, social action, & societal discourse:
- Volunteer tutor of maths and science to high school students while a university student
- For a number of years I have served as a volunteer participant and contributor in many of the grassroots capacity building activities sponsored by the Bahá'í community, including neighbourhood community education and empowerment programmmes for children, junior youth, youth and adults. My participation continues with a special emphasis on neighbourhood community and youth development.
- I consider contributions to societal discourses to be a fun past time and I find ideas that resonate with the libertarian socialist part of the spectrum to be quite reasonable. However my views and understanding are always changing and evolving.
- In general I seek to collaborate with others to generate progress, development and transformation towards prosperity in all of our communities.
Leadership and achievements:
- 2010 & 2012 University mentor - leadership and contribution towards the advancement of student achievement and success at the University of Canterbury
- 2010 Navy Adventure Challenge - fantastic outdoors experience
- 2007 Wairoa College final year prize giving - Top equal of class in mathematics, physics and chemistry
- 2007 High school 1st 15 boys hockey team - won the season in our division, played centre forward, great team and coach
- Martial arts and fitness - have developed martial arts skills and fitness, although am now looking into more gentle and non-competitive recreation alternatives