Public Relations Consultant
Public Relations Consultant, Owner and Founder of WPR Consulting, a public relations and communications consulting firm in Huntington, W. Va.
- Wayne County Schools (October 2013-October 2014): Served as 7,500-student school system’s first communications officer, helping develop the office with the main objective being the positive promotion of the school system and student accomplishments; coordinated successful levy and bond election campaigns; initiated social media presence; launched monthly newsletter; served as media spokesperson; and organized and raised funds for a career and technical education expo that served more than 700 seniors from five counties.
- Heritage Farm Museum and Village (November 2013-Present): Serve as a communications consultant for the 500-acre (50 developed) property that includes overnight lodging, conference centers and museums; assisted in updating of the website; developed youth volunteer programs; launched and co-manage a public relations and marketing internship.
- Sean Hornbuckle, Member of the West Virginia House of Delegates (elected November 2014): Advised him on image, slogans and policy stance; managed Facebook page; assisted in the scheduling of appearances.
- West Virginia School Board Association (Spring 2014-Present): Served as a speaker for the WVSBA at the 2014 New School Board Member Orientation in Morgantown, W.Va., leading a session on “Effective Communication Strategies;” planned and participated in a communications panel discussion for the organization’s fall conference in September 2014.
- Roane County Board of Education (September 2014 to November 2014): Serving as a public relations advisor for the school system’s excess levy election on the Nov. 4 ballot.
- Calhoun County Board of Education (October 2014-November 2014): Serving as a public relations advisor for the school system’s excess levy election on the Nov. 4 ballot.