Spine or Back Pain Specialist
Facilitate daily inpatient education focused on "Basic Diabetes Survival Skills." Teach patients about insulin use and injection; also develop lesson plans centered on carbohydrate counting and meal-planning. Work with DEC supervisor, Physicians, Diabetes Center staff and other personnel to achieve objectives, improve clinical outcomes and achieve customer satisfaction. Identify and utilize available and appropriate community services to enhance the Diabetes Education services based on patient needs. Review complex diabetes cases with Social Workers, Case Managers and other Clinicians.
- Coordinate the hospital's American Diabetes Association (ADA) Recognition Program and participate in outpatient education efforts to meet ADA recognition guidelines
- Develop and present child obesity workshops, health education and diabetes-focused education to community
- Facilitate presentations on diabetes, heart disease, obesity, healthy living/eating and exercise
- Manage and maintain the ADA recognition initiative, the only one of its kind in the High Desert
- Develop and implement inpatient insulin protocols as needed
- Educate patients on cardiac disease and wound care/foot care techniques