Family Dollar Stores
- Exceeded company objectives with increased profits as much as thirty percent.
- Coordinated work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations and employee relations.
- Developed and maintained internal control and processes for payroll and quarterly budget.
- Oversaw the day-to-day processing of payroll for employees, including review of time sheets and accordance with FLSA.
- Maintained efficient internal accounting controls, adherence to accounting policies and other company policies and procedures.
- Hired and trained over 100 employees, including Assistant and Store Managers.
- Trained, coached and mentored staff to ensure smooth adoption of new and existing programs.
- Led a comprehensive safety training program for all staff members.
- Implemented innovative programs to increase employee loyalty and reduce turnover.
- Developed and rolled out new policies in order to improve customer service and reduce shrink.
- Resolved employment-related disputes through proactive communication.
- Administered compensation, benefits and performance management systems and safety programs.
- Handled understaffing, disputes, terminating employees and administering disciplinary procedures.
- Represented organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.