Jun 1999 - Sep 2006
- Exceeded company objectives with increased profits as much as thirty percent.
- Coordinated work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations and employee relations.
- Developed and maintained internal control and processes for payroll and quarterly budget.
- Oversaw the day-to-day processing of payroll for employees, including review of time sheets and accordance with FLSA.
- Maintained efficient internal accounting controls, adherence to accounting policies and other company policies and procedures.
- Hired and trained over 100 employees, including Assistant and Store Managers.
- Trained, coached and mentored staff to ensure smooth adoption of new and existing programs.
- Led a comprehensive safety training program for all staff members.
- Implemented innovative programs to increase employee loyalty and reduce turnover.
- Developed and rolled out new policies in order to improve customer service and reduce shrink.
- Resolved employment-related disputes through proactive communication.
- Administered compensation, benefits and performance management systems and safety programs.
- Handled understaffing, disputes, terminating employees and administering disciplinary procedures.
- Represented organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
Apr 1998 - Apr 2004
- Conducted research on logistics operations including literature reviews, interviews and site visits.
- Prepared documents for shipment claims submissions.
- Outlined the appropriate process and procedures necessary to fulfill and complete inquiries.
- Prioritized order security, accuracy and on-time pickup and delivery.
- Determined the most cost-effective procedures and routes for shipments.
- Communicated with dispatchers, warehouses and customers regarding incoming orders.
- E-mailed suppliers, carriers and customers with shipping updates.
- Received all imported goods and checked product condition and count.
- Oversaw return and exchange processes from customer to supplier.
- Entered numerical data into databases in a timely and accurate manner.
- Organized forms, made photocopies, filed records and prepared correspondence and reports.
- Produced monthly reports using advanced Excel spreadsheet functions.
- Recommended investments in technology, capital, equipment systems and other assets to improve service quality.
- Wrote reports and gave oral presentations to keep Air Force employees up-to-date on goals achievements.
Sep 2006 - Present
- Certified to weld for 20 contractors.
- Assembled structural forms such as boiler parts and pressure vessels.
- Interpreted verbal and written instructions from work orders and welding blueprints.
- Inspected welds and checked that critical measurements met specifications upon completion.
- Clamped, held, tack-welded, heat-bent, ground and bolted component parts to achieve required configurations and positions.
- Skilled with gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, flux-cored arc, plasma arc, shielded metal arc, resistance welding and submerged arc welding.
- Set up and operated hand power tools, including shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
- Operated hoists, cranes and power tool to dismantle equipment to find and remove defective parts.
Apr 1998 - Jul 2002
Medical Logistics Certificate
- Medical Materiel
- Stock Control
- Medical Assets Management
- Medical Readiness
- Managerial Communications
- Military Studies
- National Defense Service Medal
- Armed Forces Reserve Medal/M Device
- Effective leader
- Consistently meet goals
- Project Management
- Customer service-oriented
- Human resources management
- Staff training/development
- Training programs development