Fine Arts Photographer
Exhibits• 2009 - Espai B, Barcelona, Spain – Group Show
• 2008 Flair Boutique, Royal Oak, MI – On Display Image• 2008 Lawrence Street Gallery, Ferndale, MI – Group Show• 2008 Flickr.com – Ninety Seven Images selected for Flickr’s daily showcase “Explore”• 2003 Woodward Avenue Brewery, Ferndale, MI – Solo Exhibition • 2002 Café 317, Royal Oak, MI – Solo Exhibition • 2001 Café Zola Ann Arbor, MI – Solo Exhibition • 1994 Michigan Gallery, Detroit, MI – Group Show• 1993 Michigan Photography Journal – Published Images• 1993 Detroit Free Press – Reviewed work • 1993 Book Beat, Oak Park, MI – Group Show Projects• 2008 – An Untitled Portrait of Breeze: When I first met Breeze, I would say her reaction to me was similar to the way a serious vegetarian may react to a bacon double cheeseburger.
• 2008 – Equivalents Revisited: I didn’t invent cloud watching. Neither did Alfred Stieglitz, although he certainly mastered the photographing them. This is my homage his great achievement.
• 2008 – Seen in Detroit, the Midwestern Sky: The other day, I looked at a few hundred images of urban photographs on the Internet. As I browsed, I couldn’t help but be overwhelmed by the striking sense of despair and sadness. Realizing that I had, in the past, contributed to this point of view, I decided to change my mind. This collection of work focuses on one small nugget of beauty found in Detroit, Michigan.
• 2008 – Solitary Flowers: “Before study, a flower is just a flower. During study, a flower becomes infinitely complex and beautiful. Once mastered, a flower is just a flower again.” attributed to the Ancients.
• 2002 – African Safari (Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia).
• 1995 – 2000 – Extra-Ordinary. Ordinary life, made … extraordinary.
• 1990 – 1999 – Detroit: The Night Urban Landscape.Contracted Work2000 – 2002 Fox Portrait Studio• Photographed over 150 weddings, as well as special events and family gatherings. Specialized in the care of “concerned” customers.