Served in a dual capacity as Principal in the Norwalk, CT office as Lead Retirement Consultant providing strategic business solutions to complex retirement issues for client companies with 2,000 to 50,000 employees. Managed over $1M in revenue, and oversaw valuations of over $6B in liabilities. Also, served as a Business Strategist for the Northeast Retirement Business comprised of offices in New York, Princeton, Philadelphia, Norwalk, Boston, and Rochester; (approximately 250 consultants) from the areas of marketing and risk management.
- Consulted clients on financial and investment forecasting models
- Setting, communicating and managing budgets with clients on recurring as well as special projects
- Managing internal staff and process to ensure meeting of budgets and improving efficiency
- Tracking and monitoring project progress
Management / Mentoring / Supervising
- Supported the Business Unit Leader responsible for internal business matters such as assigning consultants to client teams, pairing supervisors with supervisees, and resolving people conflicts to achieve:
- Better collaboration between team members
- Improve consultant communication
- Improve efficiency, financial results
- More harmonious work atmosphere
- Reduce turnover where unnecessary
- Project Management (PM) Mentor for the office. One to two PM Mentors were appointed in each office. A PM Mentor trained entire staff in the PM process.
- Supervised up to 6 consultants who were required to meet financial goals (billable hours and new business revenue), optimize efficiency, acquire knowledge needed (by passing exams and attending training), followed internal process and protocols, and meet client's expectations.
Business Development / Marketing / Risk Analysis
- Expanded existing accounts and acquired new accounts generating $200K to $400K annually in new business. Client companies included PepsiCo, Mastercard, Dannon, Becton Dickinson, Town of New Canaan, The Okonite Company, Henningsen Foods, Fraser Papers, Echlin (later acquired by Dana), Raytheon, Guideposts, etc..
- Assisted the Northeast Retirement Leader in the management of a new marketing program targeting jumbo clients ($3M+), creating regional marketing strategy, defining new business revenue pipeline, monitoring marketing activities with key prospects in multiple offices and creating cross-office marketing teams optimizing talent from various offices.
- Assessed quality of client relationships and revenue risk of region's large and jumbo clients by conducting and coordinating interviews with key team members and client contacts.
- Served as a Project Manager as part of a global initiative with business leaders from around the world to evaluate benefits trends and brainstorm the future of the retirement business model. The team of 10 was comprised of the US Retirement Leader, the Australian Mercer Wealth Leader, Mercer Investment Consulting President located in London, Mercer Outsourcing President, Mercer Retirement Solutions Leader, and Head of the Marketing/Branding Group.
Selected to participate as a retirement expert (also served as an informal translator for both US and Chinese representatives) in Mercer's M&A China Forum (China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT) in New York City with the following senior executive business and government representatives: Chairman of Golden Concord Energy Investment Corp, Chief Economic Advisor of Beijing Urban Construction Group, Deputy General of Strategy & Planning Dept of China Life Insurance Company, Deputy General of Legal Affairs Dept of China Life Insurance Company, Chief of China South Industries Group, and the VP of China Huayang Technology and Trade Corp.