I am a highly creative grounded person of integrity who enjoys creating and inspiring others. I have a lot of positive energy, possess excellent communication skills, and enjoy the challenge of expanding my knolwledge. I would like to contribute my unique technical and personal skills within a creative and progressive company on a full time, part time or contract basis.
- Web, Graphic, & Digital Media Design and Implementation
- Audio Engineering
- Video editing
- Internet technology
- Roller Blading/outdoor activities
- Playing guitar
- Spiritual pursuits
- Graphic and Web designer with strong skills from planning to implementation. Excellent knowledge of Adobe Suite design software including: Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, and Quark xPress. Cross platform proficient Mac and PC PC environments.
- Currently am a Digital Media Operations Analyst at Gannett / The Journal News.
- Freelance web designer with 5+ years experience, producing a web presence which facilitates new marketing avenues for small businesses and the self-employed. Strong knowledge of Flash, code-compliant XHTML and CSS layout for cross-browser compatibility and stability. Interfacing and scripting for interactive and dynamic web designs.
- AS in Design (Graphic Design and Interactive Multimedia) and an 3 Year Design Diploma in Interior Design/Architecture with a final GPA of 4.0 for both degrees.
- Freelance Web & Graphic designer - packaging, marketing graphics, banners, user guides, DVD labels, and other promotional materials.
- Particularly interested in Flash and PHP web design, Marketing Design, Recording, Editing Audio and Video, and Teaching software applications.
- Specialties include Flash based web development & design, vector-based art/animation, CSS and valid XHTML, typography, color theory, photomanipulation/digital art, branding/identity development, and audio.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills, both verbal and written, detail oriented, self starter, comfortable working individually or as part of a team. I am flexible, reliable, motivated, and dedicated.
Sep 2006 - Present
Digital Media Operations Analyst
- Design, Creation, implementation, and training of numerous online flash ads, and graphics for ad design and marketing department.
- Design, Creation, implementation of flash GUI's for multimedia online use.
- Creating video commercials and weekly informational videos for RNN (The Journal News affiliate TV station) and lohud.com from recording, to Final Cut editing completion, to final format.
- Sound Engineer: The Greater NY Wine & Food Festival & The Greater NY Beer & Food Festival, the largest consumer event in the market.
- Project Management Recording and Engineering of; The Listening Room projects and voiceovers from start to finish. Please visit: http://www.lohud.com/listeningroom
- Selected as Solutions Team member by publisher to work on special revenue generating projects
- Created the team, ‘The E-Squad.’ Initiated 'LoHud Insider Newsletter' that is sent to subscribers, and non-subscribers quarterly. Within its first year, it won a first place award at The New York State Circulation Management Association, Inc. and was included in a corporate internal blog relating to standard operating procedures.
- Project Management; Increased the email database over 25%, within just under a two year time frame.
- Coordinating and overseeing entire project including; user research, managing the integration of graphics, text, and html into project, server side filing, and organizing and managing content flow.
- Creation and implementation of The Journal News OnLine Media Kit.
- Assisting employees with software applications, technical IT issues, and coding including; java script, html, css, and action script.
- Initiate new and innovative ideas, implementing, and creating SOP's.
2004 - Present
Owner / Web, Graphic, Audio, Video Development and Design
- Oversee all aspects of production, implementation and business transactions.
- Created several multimedia websites including; http://www.michaelbolton.com
- Develop, Create, Build, Structure, Design, and Complete implementation of various websites, including audio and video editing and conversion.
- Create and Design various marketing materials for clients including; Brochures, Business Cards, Stationary, Posters, CD Jewel Packs, Logos, Wallscapes, etc..
1993 - Present
Performing Artist and Musician, Management
- Management of sales, marketing, booking, and full band.
- Created all promotional materials including; logos, websites, graphics for CD Jewel cases, stationary, business cards, posters, T-Shirts, etc..
- Sound Engineering, Recording, Producing, and Editing.
- Live Sound.
- Vocalist and Songwriter
1989 - 1993
Freelance Interior Designer
Freelance Interior Designer
- Residential and corporate interior design work
- Created drawings, renderings, color coordination, selection of furniture, furnishings, and presentation boards.
- Met with clients to specify goals and objectives
- Award for presentation and layout for Hobbs Realty for representation of Merit Condominiums, 235 86th Street, New York, NY. Responsibilities included; Sales, coordination and ordering of fabrics and furnishings, floor plans, and location site specifications.
1991 - 1992
Sales/ Interior Designer
- Sales, coordination and ordering of fabrics and furnishings, floor plans, and on location floor plan specifications.
2004 - 2005
- Assistant teacher
- Multi Media Design Team Leader
- Accepted a RISD based on portfolio.
1984 - 1991
A.A.S and 3 Year Design Diploma
- Highest Honors (4.0+ GPA)
- Member of the Applied Arts Advisory Committee
- Recipient of the Special Recognition Award
SVA & FIT
Studied typography and package design