Motorcycles: Dirt trail and street riding.
To be a vital piece of a medical administrative/customer service team by utilizing my skill and knowledge of effective insurance coding and billing practices to assist patients, providers and/or insurance members.
Medical Insurance Billing
Medical Terminology Anatomy and Physiology
Data Entry Alpha-Numeric
MS Office Suite
Certified Professional Coder (Apprentice)
May 2005 - Jul 2007
Insurance Coding and Billing
Concorde Career Colleges, Inc.
Commendations for Academic Achievement
Completed an Externship in the field of Medical Coding and Billing
Graduated with honors
Joined the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) Passed the exam to become licensed as a Certified Professional Coder's (CPC)
Returned in 2008 to take refresher courses
Tutored students upon request from the program director
* Supported two Certified Financial Planners in the Salem branch and relocated to Portland and supported one CFP with new account set up;
* Input client information into various databases; maintained data integrity;
* Initiated and tracked movement of investment monies;
* Processed reports for client meetings;
* Prevented and resolved problems or discrepancies;* Assisted clients with filling out paperwork;
* Prepared quarter end reports;
* High volume of client service
* Solely responsible for paying all bills incurred at five medical clinics and an administrative office;* Brought delinquent accounts current and mended relationships with vendors;
* Issued all checks including payroll and advances;* Negotiated a contract and established the lowest legally allowable discounted rates with an outsourced X-Ray company
Externship - Billing Assistant
* Externship for school credit through Concorde Career Colleges;* Daily posting of A/R;
* Verified benefit coverage;
* Tracked prescriptions and pre-authorizations as needed;
* ICD-9 and CPT coding;
* Prepared CMS-1500 forms and required attachments for submission;
* Created new patient files;
* Data entered patient information into industry specific software;
* Scheduled and checked in patients;
* General office duties including multi-line phones, and all offices machines.
* Temporary assignment at Department of Human Services’ Breast and Cervical Health program;
* Received and prepared CMS-1500 bills by applying allowable amounts for each CPT and ICD-9 codes;
* Determined which services were/not covered under the guidelines of two grant contract sources;* Gathered the Medicare allowable amounts for each CPT procedure according to demographic/location;* Submitted bills to accounting for payment.
Dec 2009 - Present
Medicare Part D Claims - Contracted Employee
Regence Blue Cross/Blue Shield
* Correct Medicare pharmacy claims submitted to Regence for a project assigned by CMS;
* Reverse and reapply correct co-payments and co-insurance;
* Determined which claims needed to be corrected according to Medicare guidelines;
* High level of accuracy, data entry, and daily output.