Director of Textile Product Design and Development
Impact Innovations Inc.
- Oversaw a team of surface designers, product designers and in house, prototype, sample department to lead the development and design of innovative, current and trend forward product lines and programs for our clients.
- Partnered with Design, Merchandising and Production teams to develop seasonal product strategies, including trend identification, color palette, concept, category, style, costing and pricing.
- Balanced key items/fashion/basics by implementing a comprehensive costing and retail pricing framework to maximize consumer value. Collaborated with Planning to leverage previous best sellers in current, trend-appropriate assortments.
- Drove execution of strategic direction and product plans for each brand and product category.
- Identified and generated new product opportunities by leveraging competitive market intelligence to gain and maintain marketplace advantages. Isolated key, relevant trends for each category or brand and where appropriate, drove the Product Development team and partnered with cross- functional teams to ensure brand cohesiveness across categories.
- Drove Product Development calendar for optimum operational efficiency.
- Partnered with Production and Sales to ensure timely delivery of goods, sales growth, expense management and attainment of margin goals.
- Partnered with Production to help plan allocation of orders and balance workload among vendors to minimize risk.
- Negotiated optimal pricing, where appropriate, and ensured superior quality for goods. Identified and resolved quality and technical issues throughout product phase.
- Presented product lines to senior colleagues and clients. Managed product review meetings, including edits, board review, pre-costing and post-season reviews.
- Sourced new textile vendors to add to vendor matrix and, monitored current vendors to ensure that products are manufactured only in approved facilities. Extensive experience with overseas travel.