Friends' Central School
- Makerspace Facilitator (2014-16) - Designed and coordinated the conversion of two former computer labs into a Makerspace for middle and upper school campus. Collaborate with students and faculty on projects in the Makerspace. Manage budget and purchasing for the Makerspace. Develop workflows and procedures for use of the Makerspace, including safety protocols. Design and run maker workshops and other programs for students, teachers, and other members and prospective members of the school community.
- Lower School Makerspace Project Coordinator (2015-16) - Serve on committee to design building renovation and programming for Lower School "Light Lab," a multi-studio makerspace scheduled to open in Sept. 2016. Plan and run professional development programming for Lower School faculty in preparation for the new facility. Collaborate with faculty and students on class projects and clubs related to making and media. Perform administrative tasks related to the building project as necessary.
- Middle School Faculty (2015-16) - Design and teach 8th grade Shop course, an introduction to design and fabrication. Topics and projects include human-centered design, 3D modeling and printing, textiles, and woodworking. Teach 7th grade Computer Science course, an introduction to web and application development and physical computing, using HTML, Scratch, and Arduino.
- STEAM Advisor (2012-16) - Co-founded interdisciplinary program focusing on making, media and design for 11th and 12th graders. Developed new programs to expand related opportunities for middle and upper school students.
- Academic Technology Coordinator (2013-15) - Support faculty in curricular integration of technology and project-based learning. Led workshops and designed training materials for staff on topics including technology integration, media creation, and copyright.
- Upper School Faculty(2007-15) - Taught project based Information and Digital Literacy course for all 9th graders on using digital tools to research, develop, and present ideas (2013-15). Taught Photography course to 10-12th graders (2007-13). Designed conversion of darkroom and photography classroom to a digital media lab (2011). Designed and taught Media and Culture elective for 11-12th graders (2011-12).
- Theater Technical Director (2006-13) - Supported technical needs of plays, concerts, and other events held in theater space.Taught middle and upper school students scenic and lighting design and principles of technical theater.