VP, Strategic Sourcing
Responsible for development of an enterprise-wide IT labor sourcing operation for all business segments of this $75B healthcare insurance and services organization.Encompassing all aspects of $420MM IT labor spend, this effort is intended to drive lower unit cost, maintain speed and quality, and reach defined labor mix goals.
- Created three-year enterprise IT labor strategy and obtained enterprise buy-in
- Created enterprise data gathering and analysis of labor environment and changed related systems to imbed new practices and thinking into organizational planning processes
- Created and implemented a Mix Management program to ensure appropriate tactical planning and execution to reach labor mix targets
- Worked closely with all operational, human capital, and financial executives to gain acceptance and active support
- Revised and streamlined supply chain
- Discovered and managed demand for, and transition of work to, the UHG location in India and our key global suppliers to shift work offshore
- Created and implemented new and comprehensive standards for governance, contracts, and compliance
- In-sourced supplier management, selected new software, and completed systems vision for next three years
- Resulted in over $50MM per year in labor cost reduction and new systems to ensure long-term preservation and enhancement of gains through new systems.