Australian Permanent Resident
Combined 14 years of experience in Customer Service, Marketing, Sales and Administration. An excellent Customer oriented individual that would go the extra mile to delight the customer and not just satisfy.
Was awarded the American Express Global Network Star Performer Award for outstanding Customer Service.
May 2006 - Dec 2015
Manager Administration Personal Assistant to the Group CEO - SAMH & SACS
- Responsible for the general administration of the hospital and welfare service, ensuring cost effectiveness in the utilisation of supplies and relevant resources at the head office and services.
- Implementing, monitoring and improving service standards to deliver an efficient service. Preparation of systems manuals and operating procedures.
- Scheduling and coordinating the Group CEOs calendar.
- Working with the CFO and CEO in the budgeting process, key project management, evaluation of strategic outcomes of the services.
- Reviewed and responded to government tenders, prepared RFPs and RFIs for various projects, ranging from Nursing Home projects to rehabilitation project funding.
- KPIs included overall service management and delivery, maintaining and reporting on compliance matters relevant to the service, evaluating effectiveness of the funding and monitoring disbursements of funds.
- Responsible for overall corporate governance of both, the hospital and the welfare service. preparing and submitting periodical corporate governance reports to the board of management and government bodies. Coordinating the Preparation of annual reports for both, the hospital and the welfare service.
- Attending board of management and other committee meetings to write meeting minutes and assist the Group CEO in action items and follow up items.
- Handled customer service and complaints via the phone, email, and face to face discussions. Worked out solutions and responses and managed relationships. Managed the helpdesk and emergency phone lines.
- Working with the internal and external auditor to address concerns and follow up process enhancements and reporting. Maintaining an efficent filling system for the organisation.
- Managing the Volunteers and scheduling them to services.
- Reviewing insurance needs, working with insurance agents to formulate or customise policies and also managing claims.
May 2004 - May 2006
Senior Banking Assistant (American Express Cards)
American Express (Nations Trust Bank - Sri Lanka) - based on my performance at my last job, I was invited to work with American Express- Nations Trust Bank
- Responsible for growing the Amex merchant base and increasing the acceptance of Amex cards around the island.
- Sales and promotion of American Express Cards via cold calling and merchant leads.
- Working at the American Express Call Centre to manage merchant breakdowns and queries.
- Working with the marketing and sales departments to create promotions and increase card revenue.
- Responsible for managing relationships with key merchants and ensuring a high-quality of service is provided.
- Working with POS machine vendors to ensure breakdowns at merchant locations are addressed effectively, and if not, working with merchants to come up with temporary solutions during such breakdowns.
- Organising merchant training sessions on fraud detection, POS machine handling and card sale consolidation and reporting.
May 2001 - May 2004
Executive Travellers Cheques Dept
- Travellers Chques (TCs) sales
- Managing stock and sales revenue
- Reporting sales to the central bank and American Express
- Handling the Amex customer service hotline for TCs
Oct 2011 - Jan 2013
Master of Business Administration
Oct 2011 - Jan 2013
Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration
Dec 2004 - Apr 2006
Diploma in Marketing Management
American Express Global Star Performer Award and SAMH & SACS Long Service Award