- Laboratory: Micropipetting, Extensive use of Gas chromatography and Rotovap. Experience with Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR), High Pressure Liquid Chromatography, FTIR, UV-Vis and Mass Spectrometry
- Language: Conversational and written skills in English, Kiswahili and Kikuyu
Digital media aficionado committed to helping brands engage efficiently for higher profits and publicity.
Wandia has designed a career that combines a long term interest in global emerging markets with enthusiasm for adventure, fascination with science and passion for people. She has worked in the sales divisions of two major corporations, Medtronic Inc. and Eli Lilly and Company and serves on the boards of two non-profit organizations, Alliance for Pharmaceutical Access and Heroes Against Diabetes in Africa (HADIA). She successfully launched several social media initiatives, including a pioneering pilot utilizing high-touch, low-cost technology to increase productivity and retention with the Gen Y. She spent her formative years working at Maji Mazuri Center, a multifaceted, micro-enterprise and social empowerment program in sub-saharan Africa and was a teen delegate at many global, multicultural conferences. She is currently focused on the advancement of entrepreneurs and professionals by providing access to top tips and tools in this exciting era of rapidly evolving cutting-edge technology. Her specialties include strategic development in mobile applications, digital technology utilization and social media marketing.
2005 - Present
Insulin Pump Specialist
- Acted as liaison with field-sales representatives, patients, doctors, and insurance companies.
- Maintain assigned territory customer base and increase interest in MMM Diabetes products.
- Primary corporate customer contact - capture, record, maintain and update customer activities. Built and managed relationships with health care providers and guided patients through process of obtaining insulin pumps while overcoming objections in selling process.
2003 - 2010
Senior Director, Project Development
- Develop and manage detailed execution project plans to create personalized content
- Research, gather input, evaluate technology, justify expenditure and establish monetization strategy
- Develop audience strategy and framework for business management based on user metrics and analysis of usage patterns, collaborating with partners to develop and execute strategic initiatives to accelerate growth across portfolio
2006 - 2009
Eli Lilly and Company
- Achieved Top 5% Sales performance
- Consistently exceeded Viagra market share with Urology Specialty
- Led team in pioneering digital pilot project designed to increase representatives’ productivity
- Developed and executed strategic business plans to promote diabetes care products to healthcare professionals, coordinating with partners to achieve steady sales growth
2002 - 2005
Transitional Housing Coordinator
Andrew's House (Community based Transitional Housing Program for the Homeless and Temporarily Displaced)
- Provide voluntary assistance to residents in Transitional Housing Program and patrons of House
- Received extensive training to assist resident families in stressful transition to get their lives back together. Training included education in dealing with psychological issues and suicide contemplation, and communication with residents
- Network with partner churches to ensure the material needs of the transitional housing residents, such as food, gas money, clothing e.t.c. are met.
Executive Leadership Suite
Leadership: Stories from the Inside, Mentorship, Personal and Professional Development, Conversations About Power, Career by Design, Dance of Leadership, Marketing to Niche Communities, Team Leadership, Building Trust, Tools for Innovative Management
Chemistry Major Philosophy Minor
Chemistry (with honors lab), Writing Seminar, Logic, Economic Systems, Cell Biology (honors), Ethnobotany (honors), Marketing and Management, Nonfiction Writing Workshop, Books that Changed Lives (honors)), Anatomy a& Physiology, Organic Chemistry, Advanced Topics in Organic and Inorganic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Advanced Study in Analytical methods, Physical Chemistry
• Served as Senior Class President • Established first online activity calender for senior class events. •Instituted Unity Day at Ohio Wesleyan to bring together the diverse campus factions, creating tradition that carried • Served on Student Affairs Council • Dennis Webb Scholar Community for Reconciliation in UK • West Area Rookie of the Year Nominee, Lilly 2007 • AlwaysOn Top 100 Featured Company 2010 https://bitly.com/
• Recipient of Golden Bishop Meek Award "Most Outstanding Student Leader," Ohio Wesleyan 2005 • Olive E. Day Award for Significant Contribution to Minority Student Life, Vision, Initiative and Leadership • Estephen McNell Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement • Most Outstanding First Year Student Nominee, Wesleyan '01 • Dean's List, Phi Eta Sigma, Phi Sigma Tau Honor Societies