SHERATON ANCHORAGE HOTEL
Finance Director, Chief Financial Officer
Anchorage, AK Finance Director, Chief Financial Officer Assets Inc. is a 501(c)(3) not for profit corporation providing rehabilitation services to clients with severe development disabilities or severe mental illness. Annual revenues of 18 million are a diverse blend of private service contracts, Medicaid and HHS Grants.
- Manage the budget process to include gathering, analyzing, and clearly presenting information. Listening and asking the right questions so that the final budget drives current strategy and the mission.
- Accountable to leadership team, finance committee and board of directors for materially accurate financial statements and clean annual audits performed by a certified external auditing firm
- In-depth analysis and communication of managerial financial information including Medicaid data/regulations, payroll/benefits, financial trends, direct and indirect costs, and job costing.
- Lead 9 staff who are responsible for: accounts payable, cash accounting, accounts receivable, Medicaid billing, payroll processing, fixed assets, and general ledger
- Collaborate with operational departments in efficiently managing company resources in furthering the company mission.
- Develop procedures that allow for efficient and cohesive operations and effective internal control and compliance while setting an example of ethical honest business practice
- Promote skill development and job satisfaction through consistent staff consultations, training and motivational activities
- Recent systems conversion-general ledger, accounts receivable/payable, payroll and cash from Solomon and ADP to Microsoft Great Plains(GP).
- Mined data to create an internal employee productivity report-In one year productivity increased from 63.05% to 67. 59% generating an additional $380,000 in revenue with no increase in cost.
- Designed a system to manage Medicaid utilization and focus scarce resources more effectively. Utilization increased from 65% to 73% or 25, 000 hours per year.
- Created and currently lead a team of non-financial employees which has found hundreds of creative solutions to meet the needs of clients while being financially responsible.
- Effectively filled the role of financial consultant and team member working with my peers to manage our profit margin. On average profit margin has increased from 2% to 4% annually during my tenure.