Mar 2010 - Feb 2016
Surface Maintenance Mechanic - Civilian
Oregon Army National Guard Filed Maintenance Shop
- Troubleshoot perform maintenance and repairs on heavy-duty mobile equipment, combat, tactical and automotive vehicles.
- Troubleshoot equipment and diagnoses the cause of mechanical failures by means of visual and auditory checks, test equipment such as engine analyzers, compression testers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, pressure gauges, and computer diagnostic tools.
- Remove and disassemble major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, fuel, hydraulic, and oil pressure systems.
- Independently perform repairs and maintenance functions in remote locations that that are accomplished by removing, cleaning, reinstalling, or replacing defective parts of components and systems such as injectors, leaking wheel cylinders, corroded mufflers, fuel tanks, brake cylinders and worn brake shoes, voltage regulators, generators, injector pumps, and fuel pumps.
- Conduct readiness inspections on vehicles, and associated equipment supported by the activity.
- Install, maintain and repair electronics communication equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Apr 2009 - Feb 2016
Information Technology Specialist (25B) - Enlisted
Oregon Army National Guard
- Install, operate, and performs unit maintenance on multifunctional/multi
- user information processing systems, peripheral equipment and auxiliary devices.
- Perform input/output data control and bulk data storage operations.
- Transfer data between information processing equipment and systems.
- Troubleshoot automation equipment and systems to the degree
- required for isolation of malfunctions to specific hardware or software.
- Restore equipment to operation by replacement of line replaceable unit (LRU).
- Perform system administration functions for the tactical DMS.
- Provide computer system administration, local area network administration, and system/network security.
- Subnet IP addresses for computers on the local network, routers, and switches.
- Setup topology, cabling schemes, and passwords for routers and switches.
- Maintain hardware, software, tools and reference material for network.
- Connect devices, determine placement of routers, and switches for servers.
- Install file servers, print servers and mail servers.
- Maintains Active Directory content.
- Create user accounts and setup user workstation and software.
- Troubleshoot network, to include connectivity, hardware and software issues.
- Supervise subordinate soldiers.
Aug 2008 - Feb 2009
Sigma Tile and Stone, Inc
- Assess cost of new projects and building material
- Manage Accounts Receivable(A/R) and Accounts Payable(A/P) using Quick Books.
- Install various flooring systems/ platforms.
Jul 2005 - Jun 2008
- Perform Preventive Maintenance (PMs) work orders on semi-trucks and trailers
- Commission and Decommission semi -trucks
- Adjust Engine Valve and Injectors
- Install and troubleshoot Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)
- Rewire lighting systems on semi -trucks and trailers
- Install and maintain Auto Inflation Systems
- Perform brake jobs on all the semi-trucks and trailers
- Mount and dismount tires
- Input Work orders and current inventory into MAXIMO
- Provide various Computer Support for the office and the shop
- Calibrate meters and replace meter sensors
Sep 2004 - Jan 2005
Information Technology Technician
- Reimage and configure software on new PCs in preparation for deployment using Norton Ghost.
- Inventory of cross-connection in MDF patch panel in preparation for installation of Network switches and hardware
- Help end users with questions about Microsoft Office applications
- Troubleshoot PC Hardware/ Software issues/ Printers