Dibon Solutions Inc
Client: NEC Corporation, Irving, TX (7-11)
7-Eleven's main aim in the current market is to delivery the product effectively to the stores whenever and wherever needed by simplifying and improving the efficiency of the store in terms of ordering, delivery and stocking. 7-Eleven also aims at improving store and partner gross profit by lowering distribution costs with improved logistics. This project is the LA (Los Angeles) pilot project, where this project will be released at select 7-Eleven stores in LA.
Purchase Summary is one of the main modules/teams of this project where processes related to Direct to Store Delivery (DSD) and consolidated vendors are implemented. The processes are mainly related to review and approval process of invoices and deliveries to the individual item level detail.
Designed and developed module DayPickList using MVC pattern and 7-11's proprietary RS SDK (Retail Solutions SDK) to create and implement functionalities in presentation, business logic and data layer using VC#.NET controls and XtraGrid(Dev Express) grid controls
- Designed UML class diagrams, use case diagram, sub system diagram and sequence diagram.
- Designed and developed module Purchase Summary Recap using MVC pattern implementing functionalities with VC#.NET controls and Winforms
- Designed and developed batch process Update Balance On Hand to create and implement functionalities in business and data layer using C# and SQL Server
- Wrote ASP.NET web services for server side methods of DayPickList, Recap and Update BalanceOnHand modules
- Wrote Stored Procedures and SQL queries for 3 modules using SQL Server Management Studio Express 2005
- Implemented concepts like Exception Handling, Threading, File IO, Data using the custom classes of the NEC Framework(.NET)
- Wrote the Functional Checklist and system test cases for DayPickList, Recap and Update BalanceOnHand modules
- Wrote the Technical Specification Document, for three out of five modules and reviewed it at the approval meeting with Product and the Business Team
- Made use of the Microsoft SharePoint to store all the NEC files and documents in a centralized manner for easy and anytime access for us as well as the client.
- Made used of Visual Studio.NET debugger to debug the C# code and to check the flow of the code and transaction
- Created Data Model using DB Designer
- Followed Agile development methodologies (SCRUM) with a close, daily cooperation between business people and developers
- Also reviewed the code for syntax and logic correctness and cosmetics corrections before submitting it to SQA team.
Environment: .NET 2.0, C#, MS Visio, MS Visual Studio.NET 2005, SQL Server 2005, DB Designer, Windows NT/2003, XML, XSLT, UML Designs, ASP.NET Web Services, IIS 6.0, CruiseControl.NET, Visual Source Safe 2005, Microsoft SharePoint