Client: PayPal Inc., San Jose, CA
PayPal, an eBay Company, enables any individual or business with an email address to securely, easily and quickly send and receive payments online. Available in 103 countries and regions around the world, buyers and sellers on eBay, online retailers, online businesses, as well as traditional offline businesses are transacting with PayPal. Located in San Jose, California, PayPal was acquired by eBay Inc. in October, 2002.
Collections, DP/VT Tracking, AU Gaming, Permission Based SAR SR, SAR SR Rerouting, Remove PII from Admin Templates, Virtual Debit Card
Previously, accounts were sent to an outside collection agency at day 120 the account’s negative balance and account jurisdiction. This feature was developed to flag customer account with vital information (Exemptions) to comply with PayPal’s compliance obligation and to enable email correspondence when account outsourced to OCA.
The main objective of this feature is to enhance DP/VT (Direct Payment / Virtual Terminal) by adding new filters and sorts in DP/VT page of PayPal’s ADMIN module. This feature required coding changes as well as webdev changes and also creation of a new table to track DP/VT application activities of merchants.
AU Gaming, SAR SR Rerouting, Permission Based SAR, Remove PII from ADMIN Template
One of the main functions of the Compliance department in PayPal is to release features that would avoid the losses that PayPal has been incurring due to situations of non-compliance with few acts especially related to the U.S law agreement and PayPal customer agreement.
Virtual Debit Card
A next-generation online payment system, Virtual Debit Card (VDC) is a MasterCard branded debit card that is issued by PayPal in digital form only (No physical plastic is required) and that is used to make online purchases through one-time use number (also referred to as a CPN) to guard against malicious merchants who have access to the number.
- Was a developer in Virtual Debit Card feature and was a team lead, leading from 3 to 6 people in all the other projects, taking responsibility for design, development, testing, demo and live support.
Designed all the features except Virtual Debit Card – wrote Technical Design Documents and approved by Product and PayPal Operations (OPS). The design accommodates C++ coding changes, class and flow diagrams, web development changes and creation and alteration of tables
Designed and developed new classes and APIs using C++ with methods to implement and support the required business logic for new and existing modules in applications (webscr and admin) that supports validation of funds transaction, fraud protection and risk management
- Designed and developed a new batch program using C++ that would parse CSV files, decrypt, extract fields and store values in database, write report and finally encrypt and dump file into dumping location that is scheduled for purging
- Virtual Debit Card: Developed a server program (blimpserv), to which requests are sent from a CGI-Binary which is integrated with Apache Tomcat. The third party application (Orbiscom Client) sends requests to the PayPal code-base as WSDL file and the request are handled by the CGI-binary and calls the appropriate APIs of the server.
Worked out SDLC of the feature in three different Unix servers – ClearCase (for checking-in & out files-SCM), Hyper (for building modules) and Playground (for deploying and testing modules)
Wrote tcsh shell scripts and also Perl and Python Scripts. Python Scripts were written to prepare test conditions and data in local dev-test environment to setup particular account types and conditions
- Researched, analyzed and wrote optimized SQL queries that would need to be fired on new and existing tables for coding in C++ as well as to analyze for capacity evaluation purposes
- Raised and tracked tickets for creating permissions for the above modules, SQL review and Capacity evaluation
Wrote the Technical Design Document, reviewed and approved by Product, QA, webdev and architects; Wrote Batch Supplement Document and Product Handover Document for the new batch written
- Reviewed product’s functional specification and webdev’s UI design document
- Also reviewed the code written by the whole team checking for program logic correctness
- Interacted and coordinated with webdev team to develop, synchronize and test new mechanisms to the new templates the webdev have developed for the features
- Used Visual Studio debugger to debug the C++ code.
Wrote unit test cases and also supported QA’s Functional and Regression testing
- Did design, development, testing, webdev coordination, delivery and live support of features
Environment: C++, VC++,Clear Case, Clear Quest, Visual Slick Editor, Visio, TORA, SQL, UNIX, Windows, Oracle, Apache Tomcat, SOAP architecture, XML