Quebecor World Direct
$60 million commercial & specialty printer and related services. Division of Quebecor World, a $6.2 billion dollar publicly traded international printer. (Formerly Dittler Bros. Inc., until 1999 acquisition by Quebecor ).
Responsible for the manufacture of direct mail, specialty labels, timetables & directories, high value promotional games, inserts, scratch off lottery tickets and commercial printing. Managed 220+ hourly and 12 managers & supervisors. Printing processes included web offset, sheet fed, flexography & solvent gravure printing, web in-line press imaging & finishing. Managed numerous bindery and finishing processes including onserting, off line imaging, sheet collation, perfect binding & stitching, and roll to roll offline finishing. Reported to division Vice President.
- Project member for installation & start up of unique dual web offline, including ink jet imaging. Supported direct mail market.
- Managed R&D and production testing to develop new lottery ticket substrate, moving customers to improved product. Realized cost savings in excess $1 million annually.
- Achieved ISO 9001 certification for both Lottery and Commercial print businesses.
- Manufacturing consultant and trainer on team implementing MIS platform for Quebecor Direct group, installed at 5 locations.
- Oakwood plant awarded Quebecor President's Award for safest mid-size plant in 2000 (100+ locations).
Production & Bindery Mgr. 1998 -- 2000
Plant Production Supervisor 1995 – 1998