Over 8 years of experience in the Architecture and Construction design industry. Experience includes design, project development, technical resolution, material research, creation of design concepts and design documents during all design phases, incorporation of sustainable design concepts and solutions, construction detail, documentation and coordination, quality supervision ensuring the design idea is consistent and preserved.Currently, as a designer on my own design studio, I assist, collaborate and support former employers and clients with the planning and development of solutions to technical and design problems. With previous experience, knowledge and education in sustainable design and as a LEED Green Associate (now working on my LEED AP), I try to integrate sustainable principles on all my works. Past project responsibilities and experience includes design development, participation in client and team meetings and project coordination of a project for MOTOROLA. Intensive support on project development, team participation, documentation and LEED Gold Certification of one of the buildings for LEXMARK in the Laser project campus in Cd. Juarez, MX. Also, I have assisted in the creation of design concepts, technical support, generation of drawings in all design phases and created presentations for custom homes, corporate offices, higher education, clean rooms, retail, mixed-use, industrial and commercial buildings, master plans and landscape design in Mexico and the U.S. following International Standards and meeting local and building codes in Mexico and the United States.
Jan 2010 - Present
• Assisted clients in the development of solutions to technical and design problems.
• Originated and created design concepts and prepared technical documents in all design phases creating 2D and 3D presentations.
• Provided technical support and project communication to teams.
• Overseeing and coordinating engineers, submittals, bids and estimates.
• Produced and coordinated landscape and architectural documents with Engineers and Architectural Firms.
• Currently developing a sustainable community integrating energy efficient homes incorporating sustainable design solutions using passive systems
Oct 2004 - Nov 2009
Architectural Designer | 2006 - 2009 • Produced design concepts using a variety of graphic techniques and media, developing presentation drawings and coordinating drawings with other disciplines (Architects, Engineers and Construction).
• Intensive participation with team members in the process of design and build the first manufacturing facility in Mexico with LEED Certification and the first LEED Gold Certified project for LEXMARK.
• Participated in numerous client and project meetings, responsible for the design and communication with the rest of the team, vendors, contractors assuring the incorporation of all information into project requirements.
• Provided support as necessary to coordinate the review of contractor’s schedules, submission of shop drawings and samples on a project for MOTOROLA.
• Attended on-site visits to assure the client requirements, design intentions and quality were met.
• Provided design, technical support and to team as required. • Implemented the transition and use of BIM (REVIT) within the company and contractors.
• Collaborated with former professors (an award winning landscape design firm) to team in the Landscape design for the project of MOTOROLA. Design Technician | 2004 - 2006• Prepared presentation and construcion documents packages.
• Developed 3D renderings.• Created, modified and reviewed drawings, to adhere with established company CAD standards.
• Provided technical expertise and guidance in detail preparation on industrial, commercial and retail projects.
• Acquired strong construction knowledge and architecture detailing skills.
• Performed product research, assisted project managers and lead architects with material selection and design development.
• Provided CAD drafting guidance to junior operators.• Ensured that office design policies, procedures and standards were followed.
May 2004 - Oct 2004
Architectural Designer • Assisted in the streamlining of the architectural design process from conceptual design through overall design development, construction details and 3D models.
• Developed solutions to technical and design problems following established standards by preparing, creating and modifying architectural documents, elevations, sections, details, 3D and physical models.
• Provided architectural support to the lead architect in the design, selection, and coordination and detailing of architectural materials and systems correcting and adapting design documents.
Nov 2002 - Jun 2003
• Supported and assisted in all design phases, developing solutions in collaboration with the Lead Architect for residential, commercial and industrial projects.
• Developed design solutions building physical models.
Jul 2010 - Present
Graduate School of Design - Executive Education
Jun 2011 - Jul 2011
Rice School of Architecture - Summer Program - Launch
Aug 1997 - Jul 2002
Bachelor of Architecture
Jun 2001 - Jul 2001
Ecole d'architecture - Summer Exchange Program