Marketing and business development guru with a track record in launching successful programs across industry verticals and platforms – wireless content, social networks, video games, digital entertainment, and consumer packaged goods. Expertise in directing products throughout entire lifecycle, maximizing revenue and driving consumer brand awareness. Adept in training and leading cross-functional teams.Product Marketing and Management • P&L • International Marketing • New Business Development • Branding • Strategic Planning • Consumer Acquisition & Retention • Social Media • Wireless Content • Online and Offline Advertising • Public Relations • Integrated Marketing • Technology Products & Services • Strategic Partnerships • Contract Negotiations • Consumer Insights and Research • Search Engine Optimization
Produced on-air news for the Charlotte, NC metro area.
Jun 2008 - Oct 2008
Vice President, Marketing
Chief marketing leadership of all wireless products, overseeing product marketing, branding, PR, and strategic partnerships for the company’s award-winning mobile social network, JuiceCaster, and its product extensions. Cultivated relationships with channel partners, including AT&T, T-Mobile, Alltel, US Cellular, and Photobucket.
- Developed the product positioning and name for the company’s Flutter 3G iPhone product – a location based picture messaging application. Flutter was ranked the #6 top paid social networking application in the iTunes Store in 2008, according to Apple.
- Led Juice Wireless’ best orchestrated PR coverage in the company’s six-year history, including a lead story in the front page business section of The San Francisco Chronicle and features in MacWorld, PC World, Stuff Magazine, Mashable, GigaOM, and Mobile Crunch.
Jun 2006 - May 2008
Led cradle-to-grave product marketing for cell phone games published by the Vivendi Games Mobile division. Designed and executed integrated marketing programs for 16 product launches per year. Managed budget against a multi-million dollar P&L, collaborating with executive team. Negotiated service level agreements (SLAs) and managed vendor relationships for PR, online and mobile advertising, print media, and promotions. Led cross-functional team in the design and execution of successful product launches, providing guidance in localization for European markets. Managed editorial marketing and consumer research activities.
- Helped propel Vivendi Games Mobile to a #6 US publisher ranking during the division’s launch year through the implementation of innovative marketing programs.
- Designed and executed a successful MySpace campaign for an original game called Surviving High School, which resulted in close to 13,000 entries into a sweepstakes and five-fold sales increase.
- Well-executed marketing strategy led to the successful franchise creation of Surviving High School, resulting in 7.5 million episodic downloads in 2007. Surviving High School was hailed as one of the most successful original mobile games published in North America.
- Landed a SpikeTV Video Game Award nomination and win for The Incredible Machine, a puzzle game. Leveraged a viral video campaign that resulted in over one million views on YouTube.
- Garnered significant media coverage in leading trade and consumer publications, including The Hollywood Reporter, Variety, Adweek, Seventeen, USA Today, Official Xbox Magazine, and PlayStation Magazine.
Jun 2005 - Jun 2006
Business Development Manager
Instrumental in driving business-to-business partnerships and revenue deals for Sony’s digital entertainment division, Sony Connect. Managed deal pipeline in retail and consumer packaged goods. Collaborated with product and technical teams to implement wide-scale digital music download promotions for leading brands, including McDonalds, H&R Block, Aquafresh, Chase, Jim Beam (DeKuyper), Albertsons, Aeropostale, Sony BMG, and State Farm Insurance. Managed partner activities, including mass advertising, web UI design, technical integration, web production, quality assurance, and inbound customer support.
- Sourced and negotiated over $2 million in revenue from partnership deals.
- Negotiated 20 high profile partnerships with major consumer packaged goods companies, retailers, quick service restaurant chains, and financial service companies.
- More than 20% of customers acquired and 10% of all digital downloads tied to partner deals.
Oct 2000 - Jun 2003
Spearheaded inbound and outbound marketing programs for blue chip companies. Consulted on telemarketing operations to improve contact center activities at General Motors, American Express, and Columbia House Records. Designed and executed lead generation and retention marketing programs for GM.
- Executed and managed acquisition programs for GM, yielding incremental revenue of $1 million.
- Key contributor on a contact center integration project for GM, migrating each division into one cross-divisional center to maximize operational efficiencies.
- Oversaw script development, systems and logics design, reporting requirements, training design and campaign performance analysis for outbound telemarketing programs.
Apr 1999 - Sep 2000
During its startup phase, trained and managed a team of 20 contact center agents providing concierge services for American Express premium cardholders. Hired, trained and managed staff employees, conducted quarterly performance reviews, and improved operational processes.
- Promoted twice within a year to a management level role during the company’s rapidly growing startup phase. Achieved 100% of service delivery goals for American Express Platinum and Centurion programs.
Apr 1998 - Mar 1999
On-Air Talent & Producer
KSTF-TV CHANNEL 5
Produced and reported on-air news for Western Nebraska and Northern Colorado.