I am currently working on several luxury yacht projects for one of our customers within the Entertainment - IT/ICT department of Alewijnse Marine Nijmegen.
Involved in several phases during projects; from, specifications, material proposals, preliminary engineering, block diagrams and detail drawings, configuration, up to the preliminary Factory acceptance tests of several systems on board luxury yachts:
- WiFi (Meru, Cisco) - acces points, controllers
- CCTV (Axis, Seetec) - servers, IP cameras
- Telephone (Panasonic) - analog/digital systems, doorphone, steward call integration, various trunk lines (VSAT VoIP, Fleet Broadband, GSM modems)
- Source selectors/load balancers (Kerio, LiveWire) for VSAT, Public WiFi, 3G/4G, Fleet Broadband internet connections
- Office equipment (HP) - Exchange mail servers, domain controlller (Active Directory), VMware-based virtualization
- Lighting control through in-house system - DMX, DALI control through iPad.
- Entertainment (Lantic Entertainment systems) - Audio/video hardware/software
- Paging (Ascom)
- Networking (Cisco) - level 2/3 switches basic programming, VPN connections, VLANs, etc.
- TVRO systems (SeaTel antennas)
- VSAT systems (SeaTel antennas)
Heavily involved in commissioning tasks of all systems on board, from planning, testing, troubleshooting, leading up to Harbor acceptance tests with the client/owner's representative
Also involved in making calculations for various additional work requests for different systems.
Responsible for crew training on site and on board.
Offering assistance to Service department when required.