- Certified meeting professional with over 10 years of experience in event and meeting management; 15 years working with non-profit trade associations; and 6 years volunteer leadership.
- Passion for social media, event marketing, and branding to reach new clients and attendees.
- Communicator with the capacity to connect people and ideas, delivering business goals and messaging through social media.
- Professional with a firm grasp on marketing, customer service, project management, design, human resources, communications, contract negotiations and many other disciplines.
- Effectively collaborate with clients, co-workers and colleagues that result in goal-directed teamwork and desired outcomes.
My current role as Director of Events & Operations Management includes complete oversight of up to 25 New York based meetings & events that promote an economic interest in New York State’s energy industry as well as provide educational and networking opportunities for attendees. Not only am I the lead for all events, my responsibilities include handling a $1.3+M non-profit association budget; providing the President & CEO and Board of Directors with a monthly budget analysis and annual recommendation.
I am an active member of Meeting Professionals International (MPI) and served for six years on the Northeastern New York Chapter's Board of Directors, most recently as Chapter President. In July 2011, I was appointed President and prior to this appointment served for three years served as the Vice President of Communications and Marketing.
In addition to my event management background, I have a passion for social media and technology. Since 2006, have been an avid user and advocate for social media, especially Twitter. I created a social media presence for my current employer, which included Twitter and Facebook. Prior to this, created, and currently manage, the company's presence on LinkedIn. Presently, I use social media to market each event as well as coach and train others on how to get started with their own social media community, brand, and messaging.
- Project Development
- Event Logistics & Planning
- Social Media Events Marketing & Promotion
- Communications & PR
- Food & Beverage Planning
- Trade Show Administration
- Site/Contract Negotiation
- Internal Office Operations
- Volunteer Management
Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) - 2008
Professional Excellence in the Meetings Industry Award - 2009
MPI Social Media Guru - 2010