Nov 2014 - Present
Leading the team at AsknShop, a social shopping platform, from idea to a full fledged product,
- Led end to end development of AsknShop on web & android, from specs to finished product.
- Managed SEO and social media marketing to grow by 30% week on week.
- Grew the platform to 12L+ SKUs from 7+ different online sellers in a span of 3 months.
- Led a team of 20 people in 5 different cities for marketing and user research.
Dec 2013 - Jul 2014
Created the online table booking vertical at Zomato from scratch,
- Led its foray into the UK market and grew it by 50% month on month post launch
- Created product specifications for Android, iOS, Windows mobile apps, Web & Mobile web.
- Led the engineering team to develop Android, Web & Mobile web platforms.
- Developed the iOS app interface and mobile app APIs.
- Managed day to day operations for the platform, leading it to 150 seated diners per day.
- Became the largest table booking platform in the UK with over 10,000 restaurants in 5 months.
Mar 2013 - Dec 2013
Managed the bus tickets vertical at Paytm,
- End to end ownership of the product on all platforms - Web, Android, iOS.
- Spearheaded platform improvements which increased conversions by 3X.
- Increased average number of daily orders placed by ~50%.
- Automated manual product processes to reach operational break even in 3 months.
- Evolved user experience constantly by making agile product improvements.
- Carried out on ground & online surveys in south India to improve post fulfilment experience
Worked on Paytm's mobile apps,
- Led improvements on Paytm's mobile apps on all targeted mobile platforms -Android, iOS, Blackberry(BB10 and previous OS versions), Java Touch(Asha).
- Led the creation of India's first Java Touch, Java Non Touch & BB10 apps mobile recharge apps.
- Enabled growth of mobile app orders at 30% month on month
- Incorporated technical nuances for each platform to ensure a consistent user experience.
Worked with the marketplace team on,
- Researched and created the first ever PRD for Paytm's marketplace's merchant panel.
- Devised specifications to enable handling of inventory, logistics, offers from one place.
Jul 2013 - Dec 2013
One97 Communications Ltd.
- Led the product development for foray into overseas markets.
- Managed carrier billed white label android gamestore for Middle east Asian & African markets.
- Led the translation and procurement of apps in non-english RTL languages such as Arabic.
- Led the creation of zero cost social content carrier billed white label android apps.
- Led the launch of social content carrier billed apps in African & middle east Asian markets.
E-Governance: Web-GIS, Gujarat State Watershed Management Agency (Feb, 2010 - Jun, 2010)
Integrated Watershed Management Program(IWMP) by Gujarat State Watershed Agency(GSWMA),
- Facilitated software requirement specificationsto implement a statewide Web-GIS system
- Created database design (MySQL) for the project,to be run at 2,500 villages in the first phase
- Assisted in creation of a mobile basedwork tracking and monitoring system
- Presented by Gujarat government at the e-governance summit, 2011
- Project Secured National e-Governance awardinstituted by Government of India for 2010-2011
- Project Awarded Prime Minister’s Awardfor excellence in Public administration for 2010-2011
Major Project: Opinion mining through social networks (Jan, 2012 - Nov 2012) :
- Devised a Naive Bayes Classifierusing NTLK 2.0 to the gauge opinion of facebook users
- Designed and created a web applicationusing JS & PHP SDKs of facebook's Open Graph Api
- Created a corpuscomposed of over 5,00,000 status updates
Website design: TravelnFun (Apr, 2012 - July, 2012) :
Social web application to enable travellers to connect with other travellers and plan their trip online
- Integrated a trip map,with declarative event binding using GoogleMaps JS v3 sdk
- Designed & developed frontendusing Backbone JS (MVC framework), underscore JS, and JQuery
- Designed & developed backend using Codeigniter PHP framework and MySQL
Facebook app design: hiturpic.com (Feb, 2012 - Apr, 2012) :
Website based facebook application to rank pictures on public FB pages on the basis of popularity
- Devised frontend with Backbone JS with models using key value bindings and custom events
- Developed viewswith HTML5, CSS3 on a RESTful JSON interface to the backend for AJAX
- Developed backendwith Codeigniter PHP framework, MySQL(for database) and FB PHP SDK.
- Analyzed metadataof over 50,000 facebook pages and over a million pictures captions
Interest based social networking: vextir.com (Jan, 2011 - Oct, 2011) :
- Conceptualized a social Web applicationto connect users on the basis of interest graph
- Fabricated backendusing Cassandra, PyCassa (for database) and Tornado Python Server(serving files)
- Developed arachne framework:To store a graph and retrieve edge and node values in Cassandra
Fetterlock knowledge solutions Pvt. ltd., Greater Noida (2011) :
Fetterlock knowledge solutions aimed to provide quality education with a vision to unify curriculum across colleges,
- Organized quality building workshops for engineering students in three different cities
- Explained basic conceptsof cloud computing and distributed systems to over 500 students
- Gained valuable insightsfrom the strong network of IIT/IIM alumni