Over the years of working behind the bar.
This is my brief idea on what Bartending is.
The purpose of the bar is to dispense beverages to customers.
Our aim as bartenders is to ensure these are of high quality
and are produced as quickly as possible.
We should also provide customers with information that will allow them to select beverages that they will enjoy.
QUALICATION AND KEY ELEMENT ACQUIRED
- Bar Knowledge: Beer, Wine and Spirits
- Behind The Bar: Serving and Set Up
- Cocktails: Aromatics, Sours and spirit forwards
- D.I.Y. (Bespoke)
- Bar preparation
- Set Up
- Back-up Fruit Prepared
- Sufficient Glassware
- Back-Up Juices
- Fridges Stocked
- Chiller Stocked
- Spirit Backup
- Cocktail Training
- Cocktail Types: Sours, Aromatics, others
- Cocktail Techniques
- Understanding balance
- Menu Costing
- Knowledge about stock keeping and maintaining records
- Ability to analyze the stock and place orders accordingly
- Creative skills for organizing the bar area
- block ice carving- daily