VICE PRESIDENT, GLOBAL OPERATIONS
AT&T's WIRELESS MARITIME SERVICES (AN AT&T SUBSIDIARY)
Wireless Maritime Services is the global leader in maritime connectivity and communication services; providing cruise lines, ferries and other vessels with Wi-Fi, Cellular, Data, Satellite, IoT and OTT solutions.
Full P&L responsibility and direct management of global operations, sales, marketing, engineering, business development, logistics and product/industry diversification. This includes leading a 24/7 Network Operations Center, global technicians, engineers, logistics teams, project managers, sales people, IT and software developers.
Generating Strong Financial Results
- Secured $101.7M+ of annual revenue in new and renewed contracts, including the largest cruise lines.
- Increased per ship revenue by 15% by dispatching teams to optimize shipside cellular networks.
- Revenue increased 26% YOY (7% favorable), OIBDA margin up YOY 18% (17% favorable),
- Saved $8M in revenue bleeding through forensic analysis of network performance, and fault correction.
- Cost discipline - removed $1M in annual costs through due diligence efforts, financial analysis and process changes.
Continuous Robust Execution …
- Successfully deployed cellular services on an entire fleet in 30 days (16 cruise ships) by establishing definitive timelines, monitoring departmental coordination and streamlining the deployment processes.
- Improved Net Promoter Survey Scores (NPS®) by 38%, placing WMS as top-ranked when compared to standard-bearers like Apple, Amazon, Southwest Airlines and Google.
- Deployed organizational workflow system, key measurement indicators and interface agreements to improve productivity, analytics, reporting and customer satisfaction.
… While Positioning for Growth
- Developed Onboard Wi-Fi, IoT (Internet of Things), OTT (Over the Top) solutions. Including: WMS Connect (communications and content delivery), Entertainment Zone (BYOD Video) and Location Based Services.
- Deployed small cell technology over satellite; path to: reduced costs (50%), improved quality, and 4G LTE.
- Created a multi-year strategic operations roadmap giving the organization a clear and defined direction.