Senior Police Executive Advisor
Introduce professional police practices and support international civilian law enforcement peacekeeping operations at emerging democracies throughout Eastern Europe. Since April 2008, serving as the Executive Advisor to Bosnia's recently established State Investigation and Protection Agency (SIPA), which is the only law enforcement agency with countrywide jurisdiction in this ethnically divided country. Mentor the Director and senior managers on day-to-day basis to improve agency's intelligence, investigation, and VIP protection capacities. Provide the Director with alternative solutions to problems, assist him throughout the decision making process, stress long range planning, and guide him in the development of the agency and his subordinates. Serve as a liaison between SIPA and other law enforcement agencies in order to prevent misunderstandings and to foster a spirit of cooperation. Previous assignments include an assessment of police training and facility needs for the Republic of Georgia and presentation of executive-level management training in Bosnia and Croatia.
- Redesigned SIPA’s organizational structure to facilitate coordination of effort and accomplishment of the agency’s mission.
- Developed and implemented action plans to strengthen SIPA’s ability to collect, collate, analyze and disseminate actionable intelligence.
- Evaluated SIPA’s Tactical Response Unit by conducting realistic field training exercises and, based on the results, established standard operating procedures and training plans.
- Institutionalized the strategic planning process by guiding SIPA’s mangers in the development of a viable five-year strategic plan.
- Achieved a 42% increase in the organizational productivity, which included the dissemination of viable intelligence products, arrest of organized crime figures and war criminals, and completed criminal investigations.
- Established performance measures for individuals and units within the agency.
- Forged partnerships between SIPA and Bosnia’s other law enforcement agencies to facilitate information sharing and establish joint task forces to address organized crime, human trafficking and terrorism.