To be the Chief Information Officer in a large national organization.
A proven executive with 17+ years of extensive experience in IT, DATA & VOIP Networks, Accounting , Marketing, Sales, Operations, Finance, Customer Service, HR, and Facilities management.Experienced in complex Acquisitions and Merger Integrations.Driving force behind early project completion with an average of 15% under budget and 30 days ahead of schedule.Industry background is in Real Estate, Finance, Risk Management, Health Care and Hospitality. Fully qualified to be Chief Information Officer in a large national organization.
Dec 2005 - Aug 2012
CIO/Director of Information Technology
Led seven direct reports and 18 support associates in IT development, infrastructure, Web hosting, operations and facilities management and acquisitions.
- Designed and implemented a 24x7x365 backup co-located production environment including all network hardware/software SLA's, change management, and personnel. Saved $450 thousand in software and hardware expenditures.
- Created and executed a comprehensive security implementation plan post full security audit which identified critical external security issues. All critical security risks were eliminated.
- Integrated barcode technology to reduce pharmacy and medical supplies scanning time. Saved one quarter of a million dollars annually automated processing within the medical billing system.
- Replaced core business technology infrastructure within first three months of employment to meet the business goals of the present and future. Established a 24x7 help desk which managed 500 calls monthly.
- Devised new closing procedures for financial systems through the design and implementation of preventative procedures including introduction to cross-departmental closing procedures. Reduced accounting and finance batch processing issues 75%
Dec 1999 - Dec 2005
Director of Infrastructure and Technology
Managed a department of 43 in administration, operations, facilities, acquisitions, development, infrastructure Web hosting, training and help desk.
- Re-engineering the IT department while improving technology availability and services. Reduced cost 39% via strategic consolidation.
- Invested $7 million in application systems supporting front and back office as well as core infrastructure. Aligned the IT organization and architecture to a public traded model supporting the nationwide customer base.
- Led the redesign of PMO methodology. Reissued over 2,000 computers, supported by 80 servers, worldwide.
- Re-negotiation a contract and standardized hardware and software across organizations. Reduced WAN and Internet connectivity costs 15%.
- Liaised with IT, Audit, Legal, and Compliance organizations. Credited internal controls and policies relative to Information Security Policy, Computer Access Guidelines, Personal Computer Policy, Internet Security Policy, and E-Portal Content Policy. Member of committee on Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and ISO 17779.
Aug 1995 - Dec 1999
Senior Systems Administrator
Manager of information technology and nationwide vendor relationships. Responsibilities included: recommending; purchasing; programming; and implementing IT throughout North America. Designed and maintained LAN/WAN, directed consulting engagements and provided servers, windows access and all desktop hardware and software.
- Implemented Dun and Bradstreet SmartStream financial application to replace MRI accounting system. Saved $150 thousand.
- Integrated the financial and technical operations of 25 acquisitions. Doubled the size of the organization in three years.
- Negotiated an international contract with a communications service provider. Saved 20% in annual long distance and frame relay services.