I am seeking full time, long term employment, with a strong, stable company, which offers the possibility of advancement and growth.
I am looking for an opportunity to prove my value as an employee over both the short, and the long term. It has always been my belief, regardless of whom my employer may be, that the more my employer succeeds the more I succeed.
I endeavor to do well, so that myself and my colleagues do well. I enjoy a job well done, and take great satisfaction from completing a job safely and efficiently. My current employment is almost exactly the same in scope as that for which I am applying, but perhaps on a smaller scale. I look forward to applying my skills and experience in a larger venue, and continuing my education and growth in this industry.
The duties I regularly perform, which I see as the most relevant to the employment I am seeking:
- Ensure all work adheres to Chevron's Operational Excellence standards.
- Actively support Health, Environment, and Safety (HES) processes by:
- accomplishing daily activities within applicable regulations and policies,
- carrying out duties in an environmentally conscious manner,
- following safe operating practices,
- maintaining a safe working environment,
- participating in Loss Prevention System,
- seeking advice of subject matter experts,
- being prepared to respond to any type of incident,
- stopping unsafe activities when discovered and,
- refusing to begin a task until I am assured it can be done safely.
- Work closely with, and take direction from, the Terminal Supervisor to ensure governmental and company policies, procedures, standards, and regulations are being met. Communicate with them regarding inventory discrepancies, environmental issues or operational matters that impact the terminal operations.
- Provide holiday coverage and relief for them as needed.
- Schedule, direct and/or perform maintenance activities to ensure proper operation, and environmental integrity. Monitor conditions of the marine facility and surrounding area.
- Ensure preventative maintenance activities are completed as scheduled and ensure the appropriate documentation is complete.
- Create and implement written procedures, which address all risks and safety concerns, for recurring tasks.
- Coordinate with supply schedulers, suppliers and transporters for all products.
- Responsible for inventory management including; daily review, inventory reconciliation, out of tolerance investigations, data entry, projection planning, coordinating and scheduling barge and truck receipts, and ensuring all paperwork is complete.
- Ensure Product Integrity testing is performed according to procedures.
- Coordinate equipment inspections and certifications with refinery lab, and ensuring testing equipment and supplies are maintained.
- Perform activities in the tank yard and Tank Truck Loading Rack areas, ie: gauging tanks, switching tanks serving TTLR, performing daily inspections.
- Maintain terminal records, ie: Stock Control via WebStock, Waste/Recycling via Essential Suites, product Certificate of Analysis, product BOLs and invoices, product throughputs.
- Assure compliance with all operating procedures, operating requirements, and Safe Work Practices by anyone who comes into the facility.
- Participate in regular Loss Prevention safety meetings and conference calls.
- Train contractors on LPS and applicable SWP's.
- Facilitate contractor safety meetings and permitting activities.
- Train and certify new drivers on LPS and loading operations.
- Issue and monitor work permits.
- Create, implement, and review Job Loss Analysis for high risk work tasks, seeking input from the appropriate subject matter experts.
- Coordinate a seamless interaction between; construction activities, product movements, preventative maintenance activities, and day to day operations.
- Deliver on Loss Prevention System (LPS) metrics which includes stewarding, and scheduling LPO's ensuring they are completed according to schedule and objectives.
- Initiate and participate in Near Loss/Loss Investigations.
I appreciate your time and your consideration, and I look forward to discussing my suitability for this position.