Team Lead, Fund Accounting
JP MORGAN CHASE, BANGALORE
- Fund Accounting
- As part of the Fund Accounting referral team, responsible for ensuring that Custody and Internal Accounting are in line for Stock and Cash.
- Responsible for investigating issues when there is a mismatch between the Custody and Ledger, causing exceptions.
- Responsible for ensuring that the breaks assigned to the Trades team have been actioned upon.
- Liaise with the middle office, settlements and external custodian to resolve breaks.
- Review of tasks performed by the team to ensure all breaks have been queried and adequate follow ups done. Adhere to the timelines and provide sign offs on time so that the NAV is released on time which thereby does not affect trading.
- Review the monthly recertification process performed by the team for breaks assigned to source codes other than the ones reported by the Trades team.
- Process and Review the Futures trades are accurately booked on the firm’s accounting system and ensure they are in line with the broker statements.
- Consistently evaluate and update documented procedures to ensure they are complete, accurate and current.
- Ensure procedures are in place to effectively deal with exceptions and that they are reviewed, researched, documented and resolved in a timely manner.
- Identify and communicate issues/risks/conflicts in a timely manner to the senior stakeholders.
- Regularly update the daily, weekly and monthly metrics metrics accurately and report the data and its analysis to senior management.
- Handle escalations and resolve issues faced by team members.