- Accomplished information technology professional with more than twelve years of industry experience and an outstanding record leading a range of initiatives to successful completion.
- Specializing in systems administration, technical support, and IT infrastructure.
- Detail-oriented and results-driven project manager with excellent interpersonal, time management and presentation skills.
- Hard worker and team player who leads by example. Proficient in German.
Jun 2011 - Present
- Specializing in Microsoft Windows, Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange and Sonicwall deployments.
- Providing cloud backup solutions to small and medium sized businesses.
Apr 2010 - Jun 2011
- Specializing in web technologies for higher education websites managed with OU Campus.
- Customized XSL templates for the Bedework Calendaring system.
- Transformed higher education websites into XML and XSL, separating content from design.
Apr 2007 - Apr 2010
Technology Services, Inc.
- Alhambra Civic Library, 2007-2008: Responsible for deploying more than one hundred public access workstations, the servers and underlying library network infrastructure, and a public access wireless (WLAN) network.
- City of Camarillo, 2008: Responsible for generating a cost/benefit Windows VISTA deployment/migration study including compatibility testing of critical corporate software.
- City of Alhambra, 2009: Responsible for implementing SharePoint applications to assist Fire, Police and City employees in generating open enrollment benefit forms.
- Rubio Canon Land and Water Association, 2009: Managed the RFP process for migrating a PBX telephony system to a new IP telephony system with.
- Rubio Canon Land and Water Association, 2010: Managed the RFP process involved with implementing a multi-site video surveillance and security system to monitor water reservoirs.
Mar 2007 - Aug 2001
Network Architect / Senior Technologist
- Administered 150 user Active Directory domain with single sign-on and resource sharing among different operating system platforms (IRIX and Windows).
- Maintained Dell SAN for centralized storage, backup and auditing of corporate data and email.
- Setup and configured SOX compliant information systems security, data retention and disaster recovery policies and procedures.
- Implemented Blackberry Enterprise Server infrastructure to facilitate secure mobile business email communication and OTA calendar sync using Blackberry devices.
- Worked closely with regulators and scientist to integrate clinical research data into a unified data discovery framework using IDBS Activity Base.
- Supervised & managed day to day help desk operations provided technical support for research staff.
Mar 2000 - Aug 2001
Manager, Information Systems
- Managed and configured site-to-site VPN across ATM links between Tempe, AZ and remote sites.
- Reduced site-to-site communication latency by reducing broadcast messages at core site switches and routers using VLAN's.
- Managed and administered TaskSmart N2400 Windows powered Network Attached Storage (NAS) appliances.
- Setup Active Directory domain trust relationships between acquisition sites and Motorola.
- Migrated email and collaboration software from Lotus Notes to Microsoft Exchange.
- Worked as a member of the LIMS development team.
- Supervised & managed day to day help desk operations and staff and provided technical support for research staff.
Jul 1997 - Mar 2000
Systems Analyst II
- Implemented infrastructure that inter-connected all voice and data communications between three geographically dispersed laboratory sites.
- Managed and administered the information services infrastructure of three 10000+ sq. ft. medical and research laboratory sites.
- Implemented layer three switched network architecture with VLAN's to better handle inter-site broadcast traffic and reduce latency.
- Developed chemical inventory and MSDS database management system.
- Implemented Windows NT domain and migrated instrument systems to Windows NT/2000.
- Implemented Lotus Notes R3 collaboration software to meet growing email & collaboration needs.
- Deployed multi-site digital PBX telephony system and infrastructure for unified intra-site call and extension management.
- Provided tech support to employees and research staff.
Symantec Endpoint Protection
I have extensive experience with all Symantec security software suites including Mail Security for Exchange.
Sonicwall Enhanced OS
Google Apps Premier
I have extensive experience with UNIX operating systems including SGI Irix, IBM AIX, MAC OSX and Sun SOLARIS in addition to RedHat Enterprise and other Linux distros.
I have worked with VMWare ESXi, Sun VirtualBox and Microsoft Hyper-V
Scientific Instrument Systems
I have extensive experience working with and interfacing to robotic and instrumentation systems used in the biotech/pharma industry such as Akta, Beckman Coulter, PerkinElmer, Agilent, Innovatis, Varian, Waters and Biacore.
Microsoft Active Directory
I have worked with Microsoft Active Directory domains, forests and trusts throughout my entire career. I am an expert at integrating Active Directory with Unix environments like Solaris.
I have extensive experience in building Microsoft SharePoint applications for knowledge and content management.
I am familiar with Cisco IOS 11,12 and most popular feature packs. I have worked extensively in switched VLAN environments.
PHP / MySQL
I have coded several web applications using PHP and MySQL and use standards based oop disciplines or PHP frameworks for my projects.