To evaluate, propose and deliver information technology solutions that add value to business processes.
A bright, talented and ambitious project manager who has the required investment firms practitioner qualifications along with comparable experience of working to the highest standards.
Victor Chan has a long track record of ensuring projects are delivered to the highest quality, within budget by effectively organising, managing and utilising all resources. He is able to lead teams on investment, hedge fund and commercial IT projects where the highest standards are routinely demanded. Always wanting to be actively involved in all aspects of the project life-cycle he can deliver high-value projects in matrixed organizations and across different geographies. He takes direction well and works hard to manage stakeholder expectations.
With marketing senses and fresh thinking to lead a team to expand IT services. Over 9 years experience in Information Technology, 2 years in programming, networking and system administration, 7 years in a global system support and maintenance and financial industries. Leading site offices remote support and trouble shooting in hardware and software. Work under pressure and able to work independently with leadership and team players skills. Develop new technologies to assist the business plan and organization development.
Experience in functional requirement, application development, user acceptance testing and project management.
Experience in implementing ITIL process (Continual service improvement, Service operation, Service Transition, Service design and Service strategy).
Apr 2014 - Present
Regional IT Analyst
Point72 Asset Management (Hong Kong) Limited
- Provide centralize management services on corporate functions with different tiers
- Advise staff training and development in IT services
- Maintain trading floor operations of stock market for the business growth and development
- Lead Asia offices and contractors to work for preparation and deliverable in Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo
- Make sure efficiency and effective usage of corporate technology resources
- Support senior management time-to-time to archive business development strategies and planning
- Prevent critical and potential impact of the risk to fulfill the objectives of departments
- Monitor and observe statistic in all projects and make sure it completed by deadline to avoid outages
- Plan budget and estimate overall projects and business values of the business growth expectation
Dec 2012 - Aug 2014
Technology Analyst | Project Manager
As a project manager, major in new and rebuilt office fit-out, I am knowledgeable in each areas like server room size design, power supply, cabling design, ventilation, air-conditioner temperature and the whole office IT integrated solution in multimedia technology. Working with other teams together to coordinate the whole projects completion before deadline and avoiding the risk to the client, I manage each area to bring a number of new thoughts and insights to the team to improve the overall productivity and organization of the projects.
▪ Manage the multiple Hedge fund and banking investment project delivery in high availability infrastructure, system and security technology, new office initiation and the project team including any subcontractors and meet the project deadline
▪ Work for costing, estimating and planning projects and project initiation documentation
▪ Ensure best value being obtained for the project including supplier base, use of internal and external resources and monitor actual expenditure figures against project budgets
▪ Prepare status reports for use in communication to stakeholders with detailed implementation documents, project plans to include agreed changes and summarized project progress reports
▪ Handle strategies and planning in relocating data center for BCP and DR
▪ Design in structure cabling, telecommunication and termination and cloud solutions
▪ Maintain customers relationship to organize and facilitate Operating Committees meetings
▪ Work as presales roles in technologies to assist the business growth
Dec 2011 - Dec 2012
Senior Technical Officer
Leading infrastructure team, the job areas related to whole design of system, network and virtualization technology structure and consulting client projects and advise the system architecture, risk management and policy review. To avoid the incident, make sure the system online under the business continuity plan and disaster recovery. To maintain and develop the customer relation management system, such as Park and Shop, JHC, Cathy Pacific, Genki Sushi loyalty system and Hysan systems.
On the other hand, implement the ITIL operations, new corporation ideas to manage the business growth. I manage crisis and suggest new methodologies. Budgeting the new IT solution by year, assist the IT director to complete and overcome difficulties tasks. To develop cloud computing for the client projects, increasing the productivity and service, assist the business growth applying the strategic.
- Manage the CRM and in-house systems and operations
- Perform high availability support to avoid the disaster recovery for business continuity
- Review and execute the policies and procedure for maintenance the IT governance
- Prepare/implement changes and review/update documentation
- Maintain the system’s capacity of the usage and keep the system availability at the optimize environment to our clients
- Rebuild the active directory AD/DHCP/DNS, Exchange 2007, Symantec backup exec, monitoring systems and migrating the aging systems, the network backbone from CISCO to H3C and virtualize physical servers/desktops to virtual machines VMWare with SAN storage – Windows/Linux/SCO Unix and migrate MS Windows 2003 to 2008 R2 and deploy Avaya system
- Assist the IT director to overcome difficulties to build up the team work to achieve the business goal in ICT management of the green IT structure and prepare the budget plan with recommendation of the latest technologies and maintain the vendors
- Maintain ITIL Quality standards, guidelines, best practices and tools in each area for the business
Feb 2011 - Dec 2011
- Monitor/operate the Bank's computer systems supporting local and regional banking operations
- Perform first level service recovery according to predefined procedures or ad-hoc advice from support teams
- Follow up changes/exceptions handed over from preceding shift team and carry out actions as defined in the procedures
- Prepare/implement changes and review/update documentation
- Take overall responsibility for continuous improvement to Service Support functions (change and capacity management)
- Implement group standard processes for production service management
- Drive service quality improvements for all IT areas in Hong Kong and regional sites to continuously reduce service outages
- Participate in the development of group-wide IT Quality policies, standards, guidelines and procedures with regard to service management areas
- Assist in continuous improvement in one/some of service support functions (Problem Management, Service Level Management)
- Coordinate with corresponding operational units to drive improvements in the overall service quality and prevent same problem from happening again
- Lead day-to-day support of one/some service support functions and promote the adoption and usage of ITIL Quality standards, guidelines, best practices and tools
- Proactively identify solutions to improve service quality standards and consolidate information from service review
- Keep in touch with the latest industry best practices and technology and be innovative to introduce new mode of operations to improve the service quality
- Follow and utilize Group standard processes and tools for production service management
- Maintain internal control standards, observe Group Compliance Policy
- Maintain awareness of operational risk and minimize the likelihood of it occurring
Nov 2001 - Feb 2011
Betting Service Supervisor
Project Achievements: To be a trainer with leadership skills to train up the staff to achieve the standard requirements, leading a team to have outstanding skills and promoting HKJC visions, I connected to all staff between management and staff.
- Assist branch manager in supervising a team of staff members and providing them with proper training and guidance
- Assist in achieving performance and service targets
- Participate in customer service and sales projects
Jun 2007 - Jan 2011
To expand Global video conferencing and Cirtix remote deployment, leading East Asia teams in China and other regional offices, I was a project leader of this project with my team to implement and develop green IT in Arup successfully such as https://office.arup.com.hk.
Leadership in ArupI was leading East Asia team to expend Green IT services such as China in Shenzhen, Beijing, Shanghai, Manila, Tokyo, Vietnam and Hong Kong teams to develop Citrix and Video conferencing. To speed up ITIL process, implemented MS SCCM to work on the application deployment, software inventory and control the resource in IT department. It was cost effective to Arup.
I managed the project in limited resource of hardware and license working on Citrix environment. The Citrix backbone upgraded from 4.0 to 5.0 application server extended to virtual desktop to implement to existing system. UAT was a must in engineer firm. The benefits of this system are to systematically capture all opportunities in order to reduce product R&D time, to provide better search function, and to improve information security. My scope of work were to identify user requirements, to review vendor proposals, to prepare project report, to manage and to liaise with external vendor, to manage user's expectation, to re-engineer business processes, to identify and mitigate risk, to manage change of scope, to control budget, to arrange user acceptance testing or stress testing, to perform data migration, and to provide post-implementation support. It took 1.5 years to complete this project. Currently there are 2000 users from all regional offices.
Tandberg Global Video Conferencing
I was the key Video Conferencing Specialist member responsible for implementing Tandberg video conferencing. The project covers most of the functional modules of video conferencing, such as telecommunication, managing video call system, evaluating 480 and 720p video call with London headquarters, user acceptance test with directors. The benefits of this system are to improve the cost of travel and promote the Green IT services. Trouble shooting with Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, India, Tokyo and the regional offices, targeting the cost effectively in IT. It took 2 years to complete this project.
- Planning, design, implement and maintenance current and develop system to expend IT service to core business
- Manage and configure East Asia video conference through Tandberg management system and Codian MCU, ISDN gateway, VCS between ISDN/External/Internal parties and upgrade infrastructure with London office
- Manage backup system via Symantec Backup Exec using tape and disk library by LTO and HP library
- Provide IT training for internal staff
- Citrix Presentation server /Streaming/XenApp/XenDesktop from server 4.0 - 5.2 upgrade and administer the system, streaming profiler, making application launch on the XenServer/web interface – IIS etc.
- Manage Microsoft Hyper-V & Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 /R2
- Manage Microsoft Windows Deployment Server for OS/Applications deployment such as MS office 2007
- Manage Microsoft System Management Server 2003 and upgrade to System Center Configuration Manager 2007 for the applications and operating system deployment
- Manage Windows Deployment Server and Symantec Ghost imaging system for desktop deployment
- Storage control on network drives
- Manage Microsoft Windows 2003/2008 R2 server and SQL 2005
- Transfer skills/ knowledge for East Asia offices
- Install and patch network in whole office
- Helpdesk Support over 2000 staff in East Asia offices such as MS office, Adobe, etc.
- Generate Helpdesk supporting summaries reporting for IT Manager
- Configure iPad, iPhone, Android, mobility products.
Sep 2005 - Jun 2007
Replacement of blade server project, leading Hong Kong office to change the hardware from rack mount system to blade system. Design the new environment to the new system with team mates.
- Server Installation (Windows 2000/03, Linux), maintenance, Network monitoring
- Database - MySQL, Microsoft SQL 2000
- Email server setting (MS Exchange) and troubleshooting
- PC Hardware and software support and problem solving
- Test programme and debugging
- In-house MIS support (end user) - MS Windows, Linux, etc.
- Hardware (Server, PC, Printer, Cisco Router, Lan) and software installation, configuration and maintenance
- Network support and trouble-shooting
- Purchase and quote accessories of computer
- Event organization - technical support and assign
- 24-hour on call support after office hours
Jun 2005 - Sep 2005
- In-house user support
- Setup and update Anti-Virus protection program
- Product information collection
- Setup new application on client PC
- Keep hardware inventory
- Arrange obsolete computer disposal
- Setup Active Directory
- Install networking devices