To expand Global video conferencing and Cirtix remote deployment, leading East Asia teams in China and other regional offices, I was a project leader of this project with my team to implement and develop green IT in Arup successfully such as https://office.arup.com.hk.
Leadership in Arup
I was leading East Asia team to expend Green IT services such as China in Shenzhen, Beijing, Shanghai, Manila, Tokyo, Vietnam and Hong Kong teams to develop Citrix and Video conferencing. To speed up ITIL process, implemented MS SCCM to work on the application deployment, software inventory and control the resource in IT department. It was cost effective to Arup.
I managed the project in limited resource of hardware and license working on Citrix environment. The Citrix backbone upgraded from 4.0 to 5.0 application server extended to virtual desktop to implement to existing system. UAT was a must in engineer firm. The benefits of this system are to systematically capture all opportunities in order to reduce product R&D time, to provide better search function, and to improve information security. My scope of work were to identify user requirements, to review vendor proposals, to prepare project report, to manage and to liaise with external vendor, to manage user's expectation, to re-engineer business processes, to identify and mitigate risk, to manage change of scope, to control budget, to arrange user acceptance testing or stress testing, to perform data migration, and to provide post-implementation support. It took 1.5 years to complete this project. Currently there are 2000 users from all regional offices.
Tandberg Global Video Conferencing
I was the key Video Conferencing Specialist member responsible for implementing Tandberg video conferencing. The project covers most of the functional modules of video conferencing, such as telecommunication, managing video call system, evaluating 480 and 720p video call with London headquarters, user acceptance test with directors. The benefits of this system are to improve the cost of travel and promote the Green IT services. Trouble shooting with Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, India, Tokyo and the regional offices, targeting the cost effectively in IT. It took 2 years to complete this project.
- Planning, design, implement and maintenance current and develop system to expend IT service to core business
- Manage and configure East Asia video conference through Tandberg management system and Codian MCU, ISDN gateway, VCS between ISDN/External/Internal parties and upgrade infrastructure with London office
- Manage backup system via Symantec Backup Exec using tape and disk library by LTO and HP library
- Provide IT training for internal staff
- Citrix Presentation server /Streaming/XenApp/XenDesktop from server 4.0 - 5.2 upgrade and administer the system, streaming profiler, making application launch on the XenServer/web interface – IIS etc.
- Manage Microsoft Hyper-V & Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 /R2
- Manage Microsoft Windows Deployment Server for OS/Applications deployment such as MS office 2007
- Manage Microsoft System Management Server 2003 and upgrade to System Center Configuration Manager 2007 for the applications and operating system deployment
- Manage Windows Deployment Server and Symantec Ghost imaging system for desktop deployment
- Storage control on network drives
- Manage Microsoft Windows 2003/2008 R2 server and SQL 2005
- Transfer skills/ knowledge for East Asia offices
- Install and patch network in whole office
- Helpdesk Support over 2000 staff in East Asia offices such as MS office, Adobe, etc.
- Generate Helpdesk supporting summaries reporting for IT Manager
- Configure iPad, iPhone, Android, mobility products.