Senior Process Technologist
Kate's Cakes Ltd (subsidiary of CSM)
£30 million turnover manufacturer of premium cakes and chilled desserts for leading retailers and coffee-house chains.
Project managed the Critical Paths for New Products from concept to full scale factory launch within agreed time-scales.
- Launched successfully more than 700 premium products which represented for the company more than 70% (£20 million) of annual contribution to total sales
- 398 for Retailers
- 193 for Coffee house Chains
- 124 for Kate’s Cakes Brand
Identified areas for improvements to recipes and radically reduced cost, improved consistency and operational efficiency using Lean and CI techniques.
- Reduced consistently the waste level by 2.8% from 2008 to 2012 by improving existing recipes and improving manufacturing processes (£1,840K savings)
- Reduced changeover time from 15 minutes to 6 minutes (output increased by 1.2%)
- Increased OEE by 12% (£1,670K savings per year).