Instructional Technology Specialist
Jackson County School System
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and facilitate the integration of technology by faculty, staff and students.
- Develop and conduct technology-based professional development courses for school and system level employees.
- Provide instructional and technical support to teachers, administrators, support personnel and students in the use of various productivity software programs, system services, online tools and hardware.
- Provide instructional and technical support for classroom interactive systems including Activboards, Smart Boards, student response systems, pads/tablets/personal devices and digital projection systems.
- Collaborate with users of informational technology resources for instructional and administrative purposes.
- Develop user documentation guides for software and hardware.
- Manage Jackson County Comprehensive High School and Instructional Technology Support Services Websites.
- Provide leadership and guidance in technology purchasing decisions.
- Coordinate and manage state mandated End of Course Tests (EOCT) for online testing.
- Provide teacher/administrative support for Infinite Campus, Web-based student information and grading system.
- Provide user support (students and parents) for Campus Portal.
- Provide teacher and student support for use of system services including: Novell Teaming (virtual collaborative workspaces), Achievement Series (benchmark testing), Read 180 (reading intervention program), MediaCast (on-demand video streaming), NetTrekker, United/Discovery Streaming, USA Test Prep, GroupWise and Webmail, Apex Learning (online learning system) and Georgia OAS (Online Assessment System).
- Address and resolve HelpDesk tickets.
- Manage all technology equipment checkout systems.
- Conduct annual technology inventory.
- Serve on the following committees; TAA (Teachers as Advisors), School Leadership Team, Parent Involvement and Technology (school & system levels).
Collaborate with and assist other school-based instructional technologist.