Responsibilities include but no limited to, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. Perform technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, are made available to staff, volunteers, and partners.Accountable for the following systems: Linux and Windows infrastructure; Linux, Windows and Application systems that support asset management; responsibilities on these systems include SA engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation.SA Engineering and Provisioning
- Engineer administration related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new / refurbished servers, configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage. In accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
Operations and Support
- Daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Run daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Apply operating system patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports infrastructure applications or asset management applications per project or operational needs.
- Periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.