Ten years experience, self employed computer repair business, provide computer repair and network support, maintaining servers, computers, and various network equipment. Successfully demonstrate technical knowledge, with exceptional, problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Well spoken with a strong ability to articulate ideas, good communication skills able to describe technical issues using analogies and correlations to simplify technical subject matter. Self motivated enterprising professional, who enjoys troubleshooting and resolving problems. Naturally talented in learning new technology and computer applications with the ability to creatively apply learned skills to increase productivity. Well organized and a natural leader with extraordinary interpersonal skills. Self motivated and proud with a can do attitude.
Aug 2002 - Present
XTC Consulting is a mobile solutions provider dedicated to resolving technological problems and providing professional information technology services. XTC Consulting also provides an extensive array of products and services for web hosting, office management, and security related products, in addition, providing quick and affordable solutions to small and mid size organizations including, construction, design, engineering, law, and medical offices.
- Design and install network infrastructure
- Install network security appliances
- Website design
- Provide remote and onsite technical support
- Conduct training seminars
- Analyze network infrastructure and security policies
- Promote products and services through workshops, conventions, public relations
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relationship skills
- Ability to coordinate and implement instructions in an organized and professional manner
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients in business community
2011 - Present
Instructor - Computer Repair
Perform a variety of duties and responsibilities involved in the operation and maintenance of the computer lab; assist and document student progress with lab activities and class work; troubleshoot and perform general maintenance and repair to computer hardware and software. Educate and teach students on the fundamentals of computer repair and troubleshooting.Representative Duties
- Supervise and instruct students in the use of computers and related peripherals; explain and demonstrate coursework lessons to students.
- Prepare instructional materials and learning activities.
- Assist school staff with computer related issues.
- Assist in assessing programs and materials to meet the needs of the students; collect, assemble and distribute supplies, equipment and other resource materials; order instructional materials and aids as necessary.
- Set up, operate and maintain computers and other related equipment.
- Understand and implement network acceptable use policies, procedures and standards.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Basic instructional methods and techniques.
- Utilize techniques to control and motivate students.
- Assist with instruction and related activities in a classroom or assigned learning environment.
- Use instructional program terminology, concepts, materials, methods and procedures.
- Maintain routine records related to student progress.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
1998 - 2002
Responsibilities include but no limited to, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. Perform technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, are made available to staff, volunteers, and partners.Accountable for the following systems: Linux and Windows infrastructure; Linux, Windows and Application systems that support asset management; responsibilities on these systems include SA engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation.SA Engineering and Provisioning
- Engineer administration related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new / refurbished servers, configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage. In accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
Operations and Support
- Daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Run daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Apply operating system patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports infrastructure applications or asset management applications per project or operational needs.
- Periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
1998 - 2000
Experienced Electronics Technician with excellent soldering skills
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Experience using test electronic test equipment
- Experienced and able to use hand tools and small power tools
- Be able to read and understand technical drawings, datasheets, and written work, instructions
- Directly interfaces with and proactively support Engineers, Solder Techs, and Line Testers.
- Experience with electro-mechanical design and assembly
- Install components, and printed circuit boards following specifications
- Experience with electronic, hand, power, and pneumatic tools
- Customizes units and makes adjustments or repairs according to written specifications
- Minor fabrication of parts, cables, and test fixtures
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Work closely with product managers to develop new products according to custom requirements