Lead Trainer, ISD, OD & Diversity Consultant
Riding the Wave Training & Development
Creative Sr. Instructional Designer with great visual eye, and Engaging Facilitator with Organizational Development (OD) masters education, Innovation and Diversity expertise,
Project and Team Management accomplishments, and strong Writing skills.
Seeking opportunities to support leadership development, culture change, and innovation management.
Professional Capabilities Summary:
- Instructional Designer (ID) & Trainer (8+ years experience): Designed and facilitated numerous blended learning programs for classroom instructor-led (ILT), web-based (WBT), and computer-based (CBT): a) Soft Skills (customer service, communication skills, Emotional Intelligence, diversity/cultural competence (CC), OD methodologies, creative/innovative thinking and culture change, teambuilding, civility) and b) Processes.Applied stringent Criteria Referenced Instruction methodology (CRI) to learning objectives.
- Project, Team & Staff Manager:Coordinated training rollouts as well as building projects and complex special events with attendees ranging to the hundreds. Successfully managed two restaurant staffs (15 and 20), doubling sales and eliminating budget deficits.
- Technical & Marketing Materials Writer (10+ years):Documents include first-rate government contract and grant proposal writing, technical writing on procedures, facilitator guides, numerous creative promotional materials, and articles for both external and internal marketing.
Relevant Training, Development & Management Experience:
Instructional Design & Training Contractor – Riding the Wave Training & Development2005-Present
Instructional Design/Consulting Projects (sampling):
- Executive On-Line/Columbia University Business School: Created visual media for online strategic management course.
- Center for Creative Leadership: Conducting interviews and research. and wrote recommends report for revisions in Women in Leadership program.
- Accenture, Technical Growth Platform: Designed plenary presentation for IT executive conference; supported conference's mobile application service; and redesigned law enforcement IT presentation.
- ServiceMaster: Designed three-day IL project/resource manager certification program for disaster-recovery team managers.
- Dept. of Veteran’s Affairs: Designed IL diversity training for VA Learning U. (Management Concepts) and created course architecture for VA executives D&I program. (Cambris Consulting)
- Depts. Of Treasury, Commerce & AID: Revised IL training guides and PP slides for transition to HR Connect systems. (Hemsley-Fraser)
- George Washington University: IL course on civility for supervisors; Maryland General Hospital: Cultural Competence PP slides. (Cook Ross Consulting)
- Bravo Health (a Medicare HMO): Process training and soft skills design and delivery for call center; cultural competence in healthcare design and delivery.
Team Lead and Supervisory Management Roles:
- US Dept’s of Labor and Defense TAP (Transition Assistance Program): Served as proposal manager, created high-level design, and was key author of proposal for redesign of IL training program for military personnel transitioning to civilian work sector. Selected as one of two finalists in highly competitive bidding field. (ICATT Consulting)
- US Dept’s of Labor and Defense TAP Redesign: Established models, templates, style sheets, and quality standards; edited, coached IDs, and designed first complete module (Transferable Skills) turned into government. (Microsystems Automation)
- The Lexington & Natick Sports Clubs
Additional Training Delivery Projects:
- Adoptions Together: Designed & delivered cultural competence training.
- Various Federal Government clients: Interpersonal Skills (Management Concepts, their course materials).
- Sunrise Sr. Living HR executives; AOL; International Association of Administrative Assistants; Glenmore Country Club: Murder-mystery and game-centered team-building and creative thinking programs.
- Riding the Wave Training Custom Workshops: Designed and delivered programs on creative presentations; creativity and fun in the workplace; Appreciative Inquiry; World Religions 101 for the Workplace; and Diversity/Ally-ship.
- Designed & delivered diversity training: Cedar Lane and All Soul’s UU Churches, Project SAME, and various non-profits.
- Launched “Kowabunga!,” a blog on the intersection between innovative thinking, management best practices, and employee engagement (using Snaggit. Photoshop & Audacity for podcasts).
- Workshops on creating innovative organizational cultures. (Senate Productivity & Quality Award for VA, 2012 & Chesapeake Bay OD Network annual conference, 2011)
- DC ASTD webinars (Adobe Connect & Elluminate) & podcast: “The Care & Feeding of Creativity in ISD,” Parts 1 & 2.
- Master of Ceremony for Diversity Best Practices Conference. (Washington, DC, 2010 & 2011)
- Session on cultural competence on religion and its role in mental health care. (Virginia’s Dept. of Mental Health CC Task Force)
Additional Project Management Roles:
- Magic Happens (Self-Employed):2003–07
Real Estate Developer/General Contractor – Washington, DC & Central VA
Bought and sold three residences at profit; designed renovations; hired, oversaw and assisted subcontractors; bought and transported supplies; completed tiling, painting, and decorating.
- ·The Wilderness Society, Executive Assistant to the President1997-99
·Managed president’s demanding calendar and travel plans.
·Coordinated and managed all aspects of large, complex, multi-day off-site board meetings (31-person board) and numerous special events around the country. Established protocols for meeting planning.
- AARP:Oversaw on-site conference center completion.
- Launched and coordinated numerous successful conferences and funding proposals in volunteer capacity.