IBM India Pvt Ltd
Client - Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New jersey.
Brief: Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Horizon BCBSNJ) is the state's largest health insurance company, serving over 3.6 million members. Horizon BCBSNJ is a not-for-profit, tax paying health insurer, headquartered in Newark, New Jersey.
IBM has been engaged to develop and maintain BI reporting solution for Horizon BCBS NJ. IBM team is responsible for maintaining and rewriting the existing impromptu reports using Cognos BI suite. IBM is also responsible for support of entire cognos BI (series 7 application and Cognos 10). IBM EDW team extracts and maintains the data from various source systems and the reporting team handles the analytical and tactical reporting solution for all levels of Management.
Tools: Cognos 11 Analytics, Tableau, Cognos 10 BI Suite (Cognos Report Studio, Cognos Framework manager, Cognos Transformer), Cognos series 7 (Impromptu, Access manager, Upfront)
Database: DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, Hive
- Involved in the development of Cognos 11, Cognos 10, Cognos 7 reports.
- Involved in the development of data models for report authoring.
- Development of Powerplay Transformer models and cubes.
- Translating business requirements to technical and high level requirements and design.
- Involved in estimating the project and preparing the project plan.
- Troubleshooting issues related to database and report performance.
- Recommending and implementing improvements and efficiencies.
- Developing deployment best practices for the Business Intelligence solution.
- Leading customers through discussions around success criteria and data analysis.
- Allocating and tracking work assignments to the off-shore team members. Leading the offshore team and providing the team members necessary training and guidance as and when required.
- Handling production support activities.
- Handling admin related activities.
Awards & Recognitions
- Best of IBM 2015 honoree
- Orion Award, 2014
- Orion Award, 2013
- Excellence and Eminence Award, 2012