- Retail Manager managing and motivating a team to increase sales and ensure efficiency.
- managing stock levels and making key decisions about stock control.
- analyzing sales figures and forecasting future sales.
- Analyzing and interpreting trends to facilitate planning.
- Using information technology to record sales figures, for data analysis and forward planning.
- dealing with staffing issues such as interviewing potential staff, conducting appraisals and performance reviews, as well as providing or organizing training and development.
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met.
- resolving health and safety, legal and security issues.
- Responding to customer complaints and comments.
- Organizing special promotions, displays and events.
- attending and chairing meetings.
- Updating colleagues on business performance, new initiatives and other pertinent issues.
- touring the sales floor regularly, talking to colleagues and customers, and identifying or resolving urgent issues.
- maintaining awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understanding forthcoming customer initiatives and monitoring what local competitors are doing.
- Initiating changes to improve the business, e.g. revising opening hours to ensure the store can compete effectively in the local market.
- Promoting the organization locally by liaising with local schools, newspapers and the community in general.
- dealing with sales, as and when required.
- Three year's experience working in the Retail and Web designing industry.
- Competent at managing responsibilities in a high-volume atmosphere.
- Skilled at interacting with customers of all socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Hard worker, quick learner, and ability to assume responsibility.
- Ability to elicit confidence and build rapport.
- Talented in problem solving and office system design.
- Possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Highly reliable self starter; can be counted on to complete assignments. Proven competence in working with others in a team effort.