Bilingual Sales procurement and Customer Service Representative
I started this position in late February of 2009. Located downtown Montreal, the company looked very promising and showed true care about its employees. Size wise, a medium sized company with a positive and rewarding attitude. My position was within the Industrial Platinum Labware department of the company which helped me acquire advanced technical insight.
Responsibilities inherent to this position:
Be the first telephone contact for the US customer base of the Platinum department.
Create and submit price quotes directly to the customer.
Provide active sales support for both US and International territory.
- Assist in trade show arrangements such as flight and hotel booking and searching for new trade show opportunities.
- Perform any other job related duty as requested by management.
Skills required for this position:
- Strong Excel knowledge as most of the work is done in Excel documents based on complex macro's and formula's.
- Strong customer service skills as representative of the company.
- Good telephone manners as 80 % of the job is done over the phone.
- Advanced typing skills and mathematical skills to create and submit price quotes.
- Good comprehension of MS Outlook and IE.
- Be punctual, detail oriented and team oriented.
- Bilingual with a third language (Spanish).
- Open to rapid changing environment while keeping high professionalism.
- Capacity to absorb a lot of information in a small amount of time.
Positive side of this experience:
This experience has added to my creativity, sharpened my customer service skills and helped me improve my Spanish on a daily basis.
It also allowed me to communicate with customers on a primarily US and occasionally International level.
Thanks to my marketing background and the company's open managerial philosophy, I was able to provide creative as well as pure marketing input.
Negative side of this experience:
The position was interesting, however, it did not allow me to make full use of all my skills. I was also looking for more responsibility and faster internal promotion.
Biggest challenge inherent to this position:
Provide World Class Customer Service on a consistent basis.
I pride myself of having offered quality service to a new and existing client base of the department.
I actively helped in the creation of Kitco's internal values during the many brainstorming sessions.
I actively contributed in the brainstorming for the design of a future corporate website which for I submitted designs created in the computer program PAINT to the marketing department (samples shown in this CV).
Came up with a revolutionary idea which could offer huge commercial profitablity for the company. This idea was very positively welcomed and appraised by the founder and CEO of the company.